Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 06:11 AM   #1061
coastietech

Default Re: First Firearm Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjing View Post
Cute kid and nice gun, sorry to hear about the divorce. was the rifle complete DPMS?
Thank you. Don't be sorry about the divorce, I'm not. Worked out for the best, I've got my kids fulltime and that's all that mattered. As for the rifle yes it was a full DPMS... It was a Mini-SASS to be exact.

Old 09-20-2009, 03:33 PM   #1062
Trumpet
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Rich
Trading: (2)
RA Army (Served With Honor)
Trumpet is on a distinguished road

Haven't posted in a while...a couple AK's..

Old 09-20-2009, 03:50 PM   #1063
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Very nice Trumpet!
Old 09-20-2009, 04:25 PM   #1064
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

Trading: (14)
HdM
Wolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the rough

I want to add a Hogue sock grip to my 27 but then again i really dont know if I want to since im carrying it every day. Should I or Shouldnt I. I also go to the range A lot with it.
Old 09-20-2009, 04:29 PM   #1065
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (151)
Partagas
DPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud of

Nice looking AKs
Old 09-20-2009, 05:13 PM   #1066
dogface_313

I like the G27, it just seemed small in my hands. I love the G19! Can't go wrong with a Glock.

Old 09-20-2009, 06:29 PM   #1067
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

HdM
Wolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogface_313 View Post
I like the G27, it just seemed small in my hands. I love the G19! Can't go wrong with a Glock.
It is pretty small and I thought not having room for my pinky to be on the grip would be a deal killer but to be honest when firing it for practice i never find myself saying "Man i need the pinky extender" I dont have small hans but it just dosent bother me. To each his own.

P.S. I also own a 19 and i do love it but I shoot far better with the 27.
Old 09-20-2009, 07:20 PM   #1068
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Here are a couple of pics of my Yugo M70 (politically correct term for AK) and my dog.

Old 09-20-2009, 07:24 PM   #1069
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar

My 1911:

Old 09-20-2009, 07:53 PM   #1070
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

HdM

Pretty! Keep those pictures coming since you have the camera out already :-)
Old 09-21-2009, 03:04 AM   #1071
dogface_313

mmmm 1911!

I need to get a .45

Old 09-22-2009, 11:18 AM   #1072
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

[quote=elderboy02;559595]My 1911:

QUOTE]

Dan,

Is that a recent addition?
Old 09-22-2009, 11:53 AM   #1073
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar

[quote=357;562298]
Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
My 1911:

QUOTE]

Dan,

Is that a recent addition?
No. I got the 1911 in '06. I brought it to the range when you guys came with me, but I didn't break it out since you brought your Kimber.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:29 PM   #1074
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02
No. I got the 1911 in '06. I brought it to the range when you guys came with me, but I didn't break it out since you brought your Kimber.
That's too bad. I would have liked to try it. Maybe next time...

Speaking of which, is December still the next proposed Cinci herf?
Old 09-22-2009, 02:53 PM   #1075
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 View Post
That's too bad. I would have liked to try it. Maybe next time...

Speaking of which, is December still the next proposed Cinci herf?
I will definitely break it out next time.

I don't know when the next HERF is. BengalMan and chippewastud usually organize it since their schedules are always so busy. PM both of them and lite a fire under them
Old 09-23-2009, 10:07 AM   #1076
Mr B
Livin' in a Van....

Trading: (79)
PL
Mr B is just really niceMr B is just really niceMr B is just really niceMr B is just really nice

Sorry if someone already posted a link or something to this. Got this from a friend concerning new California Law, purchasing guns or ammo at Cabelas.

To: Cabela's California Customers
Subject: California Assembly Bill 962
Date: Sept. 22, 2009

We are writing to inform you of pending legislation that will restrict purchases of handgun ammunition in California and will terminate our ability to service your needs for certain products.

On Friday, Sept. 11, the California Assembly passed Assembly Bill 962, by a 44-31 vote.

Among other regulations, AB 962 would:

• Ban all mail-order and Internet sales of handgun ammunition.
• Prohibit the retail sale, the offer for sale or the display of handgun ammunition in a
manner that allows ammunition to be accessible to a purchaser without assistance of a
vendor or employee.
• Require that the delivery or transfer of ownership of handgun ammunition occur in a
face-to-face transaction, with the deliverer or transferor being provided bona fide
evidence of identity of the purchaser or other transferee.

That evidence of identity, which must be legibly recorded at the time of delivery, includes:

• The right thumbprint of the purchaser or transferee.
• The date of the sale or other transaction.
• The purchaser's or transferee's driver's license or other identification number and the
state in which it was issued.
• The brand, type and amount of ammunition sold or otherwise transferred.
• The purchaser's or transferee's signature.
• The name of the salesperson who processed the sale or other transaction.
• The purchaser's or transferee's full residential address and telephone number.
• The purchaser's or transferee's date of birth.

The bill is on the desk of Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, where it awaits his consideration. He will have until Oct. 11 to sign or veto the bill. If he does not veto the bill, it will become law.

If you wish to comment on AB 962, you may contact Gov. Schwarzenegger by phone at (916) 445-2841, or via fax at (916) 558-3160. To e-mail Gov. Schwarzenegger, visit
http://gov.ca.gov/interact

We encourage all Cabela's customers who participate in the shooting sports to contact Gov. Schwarzenegger to voice their opposition to this initiative, which will limit your opportunities to shop with Cabela's, and will restrict the sale of handgun ammunition everywhere in California.

This e-mail was sent to you by:
Cabelas.com
One Cabela Dr.
Sidney, NE 69160

Read Cabela's Privacy Policy.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:32 PM   #1077
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

HdM

Just got a Spyderco Persistence in for a small EDC blade. I needed something smaller than what i was previously carrying because now ther eis a G27 on my strong side and my weak side i have my cell phone in my pocket and a large knive (like the SOG Aegis or Benchmade Griptilian) was just slightly too large. Maybe it was because im not used to it on that side or what but i wanted smaller.

In comes the persistence. The size is PERFECT for everyday opening bombs, preparing food, etc. But the deployment speed BLOWS! I have returned it for a full refund and bought another one to see if it was just the knife in question. I am looking forward to the next one coming in. This one is from a certified dealer instead of an ebay seller. I am hoping for better results.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg c136gp.jpg (55.5 KB, 274 views)
Old 09-24-2009, 03:21 AM   #1078
crazzycat

Interestig knife is it a little scorobey bug on it?

Old 09-24-2009, 07:19 AM   #1079
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

HdM

Its a spider. The brand is Spyderco and that is their logo. It is very comfortable but just not smooth opening.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:31 AM   #1080
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang View Post
Just got a Spyderco Persistence in for a small EDC blade. I needed something smaller than what i was previously carrying because now ther eis a G27 on my strong side and my weak side i have my cell phone in my pocket and a large knive (like the SOG Aegis or Benchmade Griptilian) was just slightly too large. Maybe it was because im not used to it on that side or what but i wanted smaller.

In comes the persistence. The size is PERFECT for everyday opening bombs, preparing food, etc. But the deployment speed BLOWS! I have returned it for a full refund and bought another one to see if it was just the knife in question. I am looking forward to the next one coming in. This one is from a certified dealer instead of an ebay seller. I am hoping for better results.
TNP fan?

If you like the knife, but just want it faster, I would be glad to try to smooth out the action for you. I have done it on a couple of folders and had decent success.
Closed Thread