Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 03-14-2012, 07:07 PM   #101
thecatch83

Default Re: 2012 Fantasy Baseball For Stakes And The Troops

and I have aged, delicious smokes to contribute......my fiver will probably be all Opus, Anejo, and/or Padron!
Old 03-14-2012, 07:19 PM   #102
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

1. shilala (scott)
2. Jarrod (JenksAnejo)
3. Stephen (stephen)
4. Matty (mattso3000)
5. Mark (mkarnold1)
6. Mike (Coach Deg)
7. Dom (jonumberone)
8.Albert (awsmith4)
9. Coach Mike's Ringer (he who has yet to be named)
10. Jarrod's buddy

We are full up. Congratulations, Gentlemen!!!
If need be, we can go to 12 guys, although I'd really like to avoid it. Ten guys is perfect for the way I have the league set up and absolutely anyone can reach the playoffs with a minimum amount of effort.
I know Hugh is having a tough time filling up his league, just like we did. If we need to make room to take in those guys, I think we really have to do it. We'll cross that bridge if we come to it.

I had a sticky with the league name, ID# and password here, I can't find it. Will someone please forward that info to me so I can send a league-wide pm?
I'll figure out a draft date, too. I'm figuring on a Sunday evening at 8:00pm EST. That always works out best. I'm going to run the draft asap, that way guys will have lots of time to adjust for injuries, pre-season cuts, and working on making your team the best it can be for opening day.
It needs to be on the 18th, 25th, or the 1st of April. I want to shoot for the 25th. Let's make that the tentative date.

Jarrod and Mike, you guys will need to get your guys signed up immediately if not sooner. Please let me know when that's done.

Here's a biggie...
Your username at Yahoo ABSOLUTELY MUST include your CA screen name. Otherwise no one knows who they're playing, and that sucks. Right now we have four guys signed up, I have no clue who 2 of them are. It makes it impossible for me to pm guys or contact guys if I don't know who they are. It makes things really tough.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:23 PM   #103
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatch83 View Post
and I have aged, delicious smokes to contribute......my fiver will probably be all Opus, Anejo, and/or Padron!
Ty, we'll make room for you, but right now you're the odd guy. We'll have to get one more in order for you to play, and that has to happen before draft on the 25th.
I don't think it'll be a problem. Normally I wouldn't stretch the league at this point, but you played with us last year, so you got clout, brother.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:25 PM   #104
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

1. shilala (scott)
2. Jarrod (JenksAnejo)
3. Stephen (stephen)
4. Matty (mattso3000)
5. Mark (mkarnold1)
6. Mike (Coach Deg)
7. Dom (jonumberone)
8.Albert (awsmith4)
10. Jarrod's buddy

On The Bubble...
11. thecatch83 (Ty)
Old 03-14-2012, 07:49 PM   #105
Coach Deg
C O W eieio.

First Name: Mike
Trading: (59)
Bolivar
Coach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of light

If Ty wants in I will just share my team with my son.
Coach Deg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:51 PM   #106
JenksAnejo
Thunder Up

First Name: Jarrod
Trading: (51)
Partagas
JenksAnejo has a spectacular aura aboutJenksAnejo has a spectacular aura about

Since Ty played last year bump my buddy Jake out for now. We can use Jake as a last resort if need be, lol. I would rather have regs from this board playing with us!
JenksAnejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:03 PM   #107
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Both you guys can't drop your guys or we're down to 9.
I honestly hope you'll both just stand pat. Mike, this should be fun for your son. Same with Jake, Jarrod. It's no problem for both of them to play. It helps the troops and biggers the prize pool.
If we end up with 20 guys, that's fine. We'll just go to divisional play and I'll adjust how many guys we can keep on the bench and DL and trim position players back. We'll just have smaller teams.
Most importantly, I want everyone to play that wants to play. Having fun is far more a priority than keeping the league to 10 guys.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:13 PM   #108
thecatch83

I'm good either way....just let me know! Great cause and the first place haul sounds great!!!
Old 03-15-2012, 05:18 AM   #109
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

First Name: Stephen
Location: Where the Pony Express began and Jesse James ended.
Trading: (18)
Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
and that has to happen before draft on the 25th.
So was this your plan to dominate me, Scott? To, "conveniently" forget to tell me when the draft date was? Well played, sir.
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:34 AM   #110
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
So was this your plan to dominate me, Scott? To, "conveniently" forget to tell me when the draft date was? Well played, sir.
I'll do whatever it takes, brother.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:04 AM   #111
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

First Name: Stephen
Location: Where the Pony Express began and Jesse James ended.
Trading: (18)
Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about

Couple observations...

1. Even though ten people have agreed to play, only four have signed up on the actual Yahoo website where your team will be drafted & managed.

2. Seriously, when's the draft???
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:09 AM   #112
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

I'm getting ready to send a pm with that info. I just found the league sign-up info yesterday, it was between my desk and computer.
Draft is Sunday at 8pm EST. (I still need to set it up in the system.)
The League ID is 39618
The league name is Cigar Asylum 2012
The password is cigars
Everyone needs to get signed up right away.

If it stands at 11 guys, I'll draft another team to make it an even 12 and assign that team to someone who jumps in late, or I'll give it to Weeze, or whatever.
That is all.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:13 AM   #113
JenksAnejo
Thunder Up

Partagas

I'll have Jake sign up on both sites tonight.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:17 AM   #114
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

I lied about the draft time. 8:00 on Sunday is not available. I coulod take 8:00 on Saturday, but I figured everyone will be busy.
It will be at 6:15 EDT, Live Standard Draft, it will autopick your team if you are not there. You can preset your draft rankings if you like.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:19 AM   #115
JenksAnejo
Thunder Up

Partagas

Works for me Scott, should work for both of us as well.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:30 AM   #116
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

1. shilala (scott)
2. Jarrod (JenksAnejo)
3. Stephen (stephen)
4. Matty (mattso3000)
5. Mark (mkarnold1)
6. Mike (Coach Deg)
7. Dom (jonumberone)
8.Albert (awsmith4)
10. Jarrod's buddy

On The Bubble...
11. thecatch83 (Ty)

We need one more player, be a hero!!!
Old 03-19-2012, 09:27 AM   #117
awsmith4
Simple Pleasures - 2oL

First Name: Albert
Trading: (111)
HUpmann
awsmith4 has disabled reputation

I'm all signed up and I made a very cryptic team name
awsmith4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:06 AM   #118
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

1. shilala (scott)
2. Jarrod (JenksAnejo)
3. Stephen (stephen)
4. Matty (mattso3000)
5. Mark (mkarnold1)
6. Mike (Coach Deg)
7. Dom (jonumberone)
8.Albert (awsmith4)
10. Jarrod's buddy

On The Bubble...
11. thecatch83 (Ty)

We need one more player, be a hero!!!
Old 03-20-2012, 01:59 PM   #119
blugill
Feeling at Home

First Name: Andy
Trading: (10)
blugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of light

I suck at fantasy baseball but what the heck! My humidor overfloweth and I need to share the wealth!
I'll be number twelve and send you the entry fee!
Old 03-20-2012, 02:06 PM   #120
Mattso3000
Will ninja for beer

First Name: Matt
Trading: (20)
HdM
Mattso3000 is a jewel in the roughMattso3000 is a jewel in the roughMattso3000 is a jewel in the rough

Hey, looks like we got our twelve!!! Now it's time for me to dominate the draft and constantly mismanage my team into an 8 month descent from first to last place!
Mattso3000 is offline   Reply With Quote