Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 02-09-2010, 05:08 PM   #121
ChicagoWhiteSox

Default Re: *2010 MLB Thread*

D-backs ace Brandon Webb threw off a mound on Tuesday for the first time since having surgery on his right shoulder in August. The right-hander has said that if things keep progressing as they have, he does not see any reason why he would not be ready for the start of the season.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:13 PM   #122
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (7)
LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

They really need Webb if they want to have a shot at a good season.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:15 PM   #123
ChicagoWhiteSox

Both Webb and Haren need good years.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:17 PM   #124
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

This is a contract year for Webb also I think.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:19 PM   #125
ChicagoWhiteSox

The White Sox announced Monday that Luis Aparicio has given his consent for Omar Vizquel to wear No. 11 in his first year with the White Sox, as the number will be un-retired by the organization for Vizquel to wear in tribute.

Career numbers for Vizquel and Aparicio are remarkably similar. Aparicio played 18 seasons in total, with 10 coming for the White Sox. He hit .262 with 2,677 career hits, 506 stolen bases and 10 All-Star appearances, earning the American League Rookie of the Year Award in 1956, while also picking up nine Gold Gloves for his elite defense at shortstop. His Gold Glove total stands two fewer than Vizquel's amazing total of 11 at the same position. Vizquel, who turns 43 on April 24, has a .273 career average, 2,704 hits, 389 stolen bases and three All-Star appearances. He stands as the all-time leader among shortstops in games played at 2,681 and with 1,722 double plays.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:21 PM   #126
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

I read this earlier. Omar is definately the type of player that understand the history that goes with wearing this uniform.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:22 PM   #127
ChicagoWhiteSox

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicCook View Post
This is a contract year for Webb also I think.
Yeah, has one year left the Dbacks.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:23 PM   #128
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox View Post
Yeah, has one year left the Dbacks.
Which means if he is pitching good say around July 31st he could find a new home in the Northeast.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:25 PM   #129
ChicagoWhiteSox

Quote:
I read this earlier. Omar is definately the type of player that understand the history that goes with wearing this uniform.
It is going to be great getting to see him play in a Sox uniform, number 11 to boot. He will be great just to have around the guys even though he is not playing everday.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:25 PM   #130
ChicagoWhiteSox

Quote:
Which means if he is pitching good say around July 31st he could find a new home in the Northeast.

You guys don't need him
Old 02-09-2010, 09:26 PM   #131
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Quote:
It is going to be great getting to see him play in a Sox uniform, number 11 to boot. He will be great just to have around the guys even though he is not playing everday.
I have a feeling when he retires which will probably be after this year he is going to find himself on the coaching staff of the White Sox.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:26 PM   #132
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Quote:
You guys don't need him
You can never have enough pitching.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:28 PM   #133
ChicagoWhiteSox

Quote:
I have a feeling when he retires which will probably be after this year he is going to find himself on the coaching staff of the White Sox.
That would great to see. He is the type of player that can be a great coach.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:32 PM   #134
ChicagoWhiteSox

Granderson was a huge pick up for the Yankees. He will have a great year.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:40 PM   #135
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Quote:
Granderson was a huge pick up for the Yankees. He will have a great year.
I am hoping he likes those RF seats. I think he may be playing more LF then center though. I stil like Gardner in CF.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:55 AM   #136
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I am hoping he likes those RF seats. I think he may be playing more LF then center though. I stil like Gardner in CF.
Gardner in CF? Come on Ryan...Granderson is head and shoulders above him.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:33 AM   #137
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Gardner in CF? Come on Ryan...Granderson is head and shoulders above him.
Girardi has already said that the OF spots are fluid and no set order has been made. Gardner is faster then Granderson and I think Granderson would actually be better in LF sicne he has a better arm than Brett.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:02 AM   #138
Whynot
Living the dream...

First Name: Aaron
Trading: (11)
Cohiba AirForce (Active)
Whynot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I do not want to see Crawford as a Yankee. He is past his prime and would be a bad signing to a long term big money contract.
? He turns 29 towards the end of the season. For a hitter, he is entering his prime years. Six stolen bases in one game. He can afford to lose a step over the next 5 years or so. That said, I don't want to see him on the Yankees either.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:04 AM   #139
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Girardi has already said that the OF spots are fluid and no set order has been made. Gardner is faster then Granderson and I think Granderson would actually be better in LF sicne he has a better arm than Brett.
I agree with that logic brother!! Granderson does have the better arm...and Gardner is a TAD faster. But I still think Granderson has the better glove. If nothing else, they have upgraded from Damon (no arm, iffy glove) * Matsui (no glove, weak arm). But they are going to miss Damon as he is a gamer...noone grits it out like he does.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:59 AM   #140
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
I agree with that logic brother!! Granderson does have the better arm...and Gardner is a TAD faster. But I still think Granderson has the better glove. If nothing else, they have upgraded from Damon (no arm, iffy glove) * Matsui (no glove, weak arm). But they are going to miss Damon as he is a gamer...noone grits it out like he does.
At the plate they are going to miss Damon but at the price he wants it was not worth it. The fact that no other team is willing to even negotiate with BorASS for him should be a clue to drop BorASS and lower your price a little.