Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 09-27-2011, 01:06 PM   #121
Mattso3000
Will ninja for beer

First Name: Matt
Trading: (20)
HdM
Mattso3000 is a jewel in the roughMattso3000 is a jewel in the roughMattso3000 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Second Annual Fantasy Football for Stakes and the Troops

If nobody takes me up on the fivers for the troops bet, I'll go vs. the field. If I end up in last this week that's 9 fivers for the troops. Hope that doesn't happen (more for my fantasy team than the troops)
Mattso3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:44 PM   #122
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, Matt. That pretty much makes sure no one is going to take your bet. I'm gonna let you go vs. the field.

Being as I had the highest points in the world last week, largest margin of victory, and a win, and had the lowest points in the world this week, largest margin of defeat, and a loss, I think I've proven there's no way to tell what I'm gonna do this coming week.
I'd be willing to bet a fiver of cc's, premium nc's, and throw in a troop fiver or tenner, or whatever, to whoever wants to go against me points vs. points this week.
So I'll pretty much bet anything, you name it. I'll even throw in a cat if I can find one.
Bring it, ladies. If there's any balls among any of you, that is...
Old 09-27-2011, 03:14 PM   #123
Mattso3000
Will ninja for beer

HdM
Mattso3000 is a jewel in the roughMattso3000 is a jewel in the roughMattso3000 is a jewel in the rough

Almost assures me low score I would think.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:54 PM   #124
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattso3000 View Post
Almost assures me low score I would think.
Your matchups look good for a decent outing this week. I bet you hit 180, at least. I'd be happy with 5 points as long as my opponent has 4. 1-3 is not a good place to be, and it's looking like I don't get better till week six. Ouch.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:51 AM   #125
Coach Deg
C O W eieio.

First Name: Mike
Trading: (59)
Bolivar
Coach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
Wow, Matt. That pretty much makes sure no one is going to take your bet. I'm gonna let you go vs. the field.

Being as I had the highest points in the world last week, largest margin of victory, and a win, and had the lowest points in the world this week, largest margin of defeat, and a loss, I think I've proven there's no way to tell what I'm gonna do this coming week.
I'd be willing to bet a fiver of cc's, premium nc's, and throw in a troop fiver or tenner, or whatever, to whoever wants to go against me points vs. points this week.
So I'll pretty much bet anything, you name it. I'll even throw in a cat if I can find one.
Your on!!!!
Coach Deg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:10 AM   #126
Mattso3000
Will ninja for beer

HdM

Foster looks to be active this week. Feel like I just got another first round draft pick!
Old 09-28-2011, 09:05 AM   #127
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Deg View Post
Your on!!!!
What's the bet gonna be, Mike? You call it.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:48 PM   #128
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

First Name: Stephen
Location: Where the Pony Express began and Jesse James ended.
Trading: (18)
Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

You're on! PM Sent...
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:55 PM   #129
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Your matchups look good for a decent outing this week. I bet you hit 180, at least. I'd be happy with 5 points as long as my opponent has 4. 1-3 is not a good place to be, and it's looking like I don't get better till week six. Ouch.
I'll just be happy when I can start the wide receivers I drafted to, you know, be starters...
Old 09-28-2011, 07:59 PM   #130
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

Quote:
Liking my team so far...how does everyone feel about the season so far? Let's get some troop bets going...who wants in for next week. Me vs. U, fivers for the troops.
Quote:
Foster looks to be active this week. Feel like I just got another first round draft pick!
I'd like my team too if I was given Foster for free...

That being said, I'm in.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:18 PM   #131
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

VERY IMPORTANT:
I will track your personal bets and troop smokes bets wins/losses/results and "who owes who what" on a spreadsheet thoughout the season but you have to send me the results of your bets each week. (Reason being, I can't see the bets you guys make by pm, etc.)
This way you can ask what you owe at any given time, or ask if you have betting smokes left if you've sent extra troop smokes ahead of time.
If two guys pm me with results from the same bet, that's no problem. Just please don't assume the other guy sent results.
Also please don't assume that posting your bet and results in our thread will be sufficient. It's not. I'll likely miss it or won't understand it.
Please pm me, it'll make everything run real smooth and I can post updates and stuff.

I mention this stuff because it was sheer hell last year and very confusing as to "who owed what and to whom" and I want to continue improving this model year-to-year so it just gets better.
If I keep track, then you guys can just have fun without worrying about details.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:39 PM   #132
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

Quote:
Just thought it would be a lot of smack talk going on...I know I like to do it. By the way, Sofaman, I already voted for myself week 1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonumberone View Post
Smack talk is a form of discussion.
Therefore, general discussion suits this thread just fine!

Doesn't matter where the thread is, all that maters is that you know in 18 weeks I'll be collecting my winnings!
We're in week four, and hardly any smack talk has taken place in here this season, and none on the league homepage. Nutcheck time. Wow me with your vitriol. Between now and Monday night, whoever talks the best trash on their opponent, either here or on the league homepage, will get a nice 5er courtesy of yours truly. I'd imagine if some of you quit taking your Midol for a day or two that you ought to be good and ornery before kickoff on Sunday.
Old 09-29-2011, 04:12 PM   #133
Mattso3000
Will ninja for beer

HdM

I'll start my bench just to make it fair...
Old 09-29-2011, 05:27 PM   #134
Bax
C A P S...CAPS CAPS CAPS!

First Name: Tim
Trading: (70)
Partagas
Bax is a jewel in the roughBax is a jewel in the roughBax is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I'll start my bench just to make it fair...
How come you didn't do that last week!!!!
Old 09-29-2011, 06:00 PM   #135
Mattso3000
Will ninja for beer

HdM

Arian Foster was on the bench...he's bouncing up and down with his hand raised yelling "put me in coach". I think I might
Old 09-29-2011, 06:01 PM   #136
Mattso3000
Will ninja for beer

HdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I'd imagine if some of you quit taking your Midol for a day or two that you ought to be good and ornery before kickoff on Sunday.
Maybe they're still cramping up...
Old 09-29-2011, 06:05 PM   #137
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Arian Foster was on the bench...he's bouncing up and down with his hand raised yelling "put me in coach". I think I might
Good idea. What do you want for McCoy? No sense in him getting splinters.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:13 PM   #138
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Stephen and I have a bet for a fiver of cc's and a tenner for the troops this weekend.
Straight up me vs. him. May God take mercy on him, because I'm certainly not gonna.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:19 PM   #139
Mattso3000
Will ninja for beer

HdM

Quote:
Good idea. What do you want for McCoy? No sense in him getting splinters.
PM sent, but not McCoy...
Old 09-29-2011, 08:05 PM   #140
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

Quote:
Stephen and I have a bet for a fiver of cc's and a tenner for the troops this weekend.
Straight up me vs. him. May God take mercy on him, because I'm certainly not gonna.
One might be inclined to disagree with you if they saw your lineup.