Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Pipe Forum > Discussion

Old 12-11-2021, 03:19 PM   #1
gravel
Still Washing My Back

First Name: Geoff
Trading: (3)
HdM
gravel will become famous soon enough
Default Re: first pipe

Fun! I’ve smoked pipes longer than cigars. If you need any advice, fee free to ask!

One thing to note: it’s advisable to not store your pipe tobacco with your cigars. Also, pipe tobacco doesn’t need a humidor. It will keep in a baggy for sometime. Unopened tins will keep indefinitely, but will require some checking if you are aging them.
gravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 10:09 PM   #2
bonjing
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trading: (39)
bonjing has disabled reputation

Sorry for the hijack, Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravel View Post
Fun! I’ve smoked pipes longer than cigars. If you need any advice, fee free to ask!

One thing to note: it’s advisable to not store your pipe tobacco with your cigars. Also, pipe tobacco doesn’t need a humidor. It will keep in a baggy for sometime. Unopened tins will keep indefinitely, but will require some checking if you are aging them.
I have a pipe that Benedic left me and have been curious to try it. Not looking to buy a lot but any recommendations for a little pipe tobacco to try and how to use the thing?

I went to one of the local b&m’s and they don’t sell pipe tobacco anymore as it falls under flavored tabocco ban or something.
Old 04-10-2022, 10:21 PM   #3
gravel
Still Washing My Back

First Name: Geoff
Trading: (3)
HdM
gravel will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjing View Post
Sorry for the hijack, Jason

I have a pipe that Benedic left me and have been curious to try it. Not looking to buy a lot but any recommendations for a little pipe tobacco to try and how to use the thing?

I went to one of the local b&m’s and they don’t sell pipe tobacco anymore as it falls under flavored tabocco ban or something.
That’s rough. The most popular aromatic today is Lane 1Q. Many B&M’s rebrand it as a house blend. There are online sources I can point out to you if you would like. Alternately, I could send you a sample of a few of you give me your address. I don’t have a ton of aromatics as I only dabble in them, but what I have I’m willing to share.
gravel is offline   Reply With Quote