Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-11-2010, 10:34 PM   #1
Drazzil
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: David
Trading: (31)
RyJ
Drazzil will become famous soon enough
Default Top ten N/C's 2010

1. Best of show: Taboo HSG: I have a bit of a "love/hate" relationship with Rob's creations. Rob is a wonderful guy, a stand up fellow who I sing the praises of unequivocally. I love him to death and do most of my (admittedly much reduced) business with Taboo.

I have one teensy tiny problem: Most of his cigars are just not in my taste profile. Most of the cigars that I buy are non taboo.

I did a blind taste test with Robs smokes (and others) and the cigar I liked above all others was the HSG. This blend is back, and boy howdy does it please. It is spicy and sweet (I love spicy and sweet as you may be able to tell)

If you guys haven't tried his HSG I give my recommendation.

2. EP Carillo Short Run. I love this smoke, strong and sweet with very complex flavor. I haven't tried the other "makes" because they are out of my price range.

3. Casa Fernandez - Casa Fernandez. Robusto. Good, Cheap strong smoke. Sometimes coffee sometimes bitter, but when it's on, it's on.

4. Jesus Fuego - Origen: I like these but cant quite tell you why. I like the taste, I like the price.

5. Tat 7th reserve. This is good.

6. Tat Sir Winston. This is also good.

7. Tat Pork tenderloin: Spicy, sweet, good flavor when on. These cigars hint that they could be amazing with a years time, unfortunately they won't live that long.

8. La Gloria Cubana Artisan (or as I call it "Two tone") I believe somewhere a seal has to have been broken. General is capable of making a good smoke, who would have thought? I love this smoke. It essentially is like smoking two different cigars. Starts out sweet and ends up spicy.

8. Illusione MJ-13: I loved these, sweet and spicy. Unfortunately I cannot find them anywhere, and I am broke.

9. Origin (the ones that come in a packet) I like these, they were a surprise. Not quite worth 15 dollars for five but definitely a good after cigar, cigar.

10. Famous Nic 3000. These are actually last years release, I bought two bundles, sat on them for a year and then brought one out. Smoked it, it was horrible. Removed cello bundle, and individual cello and let it sit in my drybox for two months, then I let them rehumidify. Now they are smokable. Not quite what I expect out of previous releases but still good.
Drazzil is offline   Reply With Quote