Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 12-04-2011, 06:47 PM   #1
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future
Default Re: Official SEC Football Thread 2011

Done Deal. LSU-BAMA! Bring It On!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 06:50 PM   #2
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Trading: (17)
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

I'm excited

I guess the only way to have an SEC team lose in the national title game is to have two of 'em play each other
Old 12-04-2011, 06:53 PM   #3
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powers View Post
I'm excited

I guess the only way to have an SEC team lose in the national title game is to have two of 'em play each other
Good Point, Mike! Think I'll Smoke A Padron'26 To Celebrate! Roll, Tide!
Old 12-04-2011, 07:31 PM   #4
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powers View Post
I'm excited

And now, the Big 10 doesn't have to worry about looking like weaklings in another national championship game against the SEC!!

I have to disagree strongly with what the OkSt coach said about what the fans want to see. He said something to the tune that the fans want to see a 36-35 National championship game, not a 6-3 game. If Oklahoma State played LSU in the game, it would be a 45-3 game (LSU winning), not a 36-35 game!!! What was he thinking about!!
Old 12-04-2011, 07:34 PM   #5
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvilleKid View Post
And now, the Big 10 doesn't have to worry about looking like weaklings in another national championship game against the SEC!!

I have to disagree strongly with what the OkSt coach said about what the fans want to see. He said something to the tune that the fans want to see a 36-35 National championship game, not a 6-3 game. What was he thinking??? If Oklahoma State played LSU in the game, it would be a 45-3 game (LSU winning), not a 36-35 game!!! What was he thinking about!!
True!
Old 12-04-2011, 08:21 PM   #6
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

I have to disagree strongly with what the OkSt coach said about what the fans want to see. He said something to the tune that the fans want to see a 36-35 National championship game, not a 6-3 game. If Oklahoma State played LSU in the game, it would be a 45-3 game (LSU winning), not a 36-35 game!!! What was he thinking about!!
The Big10 was never considered as far as a BCS Championship Game participant.....

See....SEC...SEC...SEC.....
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:41 PM   #7
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.J. View Post
The Big10 was never considered as far as a BCS Championship Game participant.....

See....SEC...SEC...SEC.....
I know that.... Duh... But the point is made as stated!!! It could also apply to the OkSt, but the Big Ten was in that situation several times in the past several years. Which WAS the point.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:49 PM   #8
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I know that.... Duh... But the point is made as stated!!! It could also apply to the OkSt, but the Big Ten was in that situation several times in the past several years. Which WAS the point.
So you were just bringing up 2007(Jan 2008)....4 years ago, the last time it was relevant?????

SEC....SEC....SEC....
Old 12-04-2011, 09:20 PM   #9
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Christ, you SEC, SEC, SEC guys act like you have had a grip hold on College football for decades....

You're on a Hell or a roll, no doubt. But your arrogance over a little roll is amusing at best and irritating at worst....

Tides will turn, they always do.... Enjoy it.
Old 12-04-2011, 09:28 PM   #10
ninjavanish
Feeling at Home

Trading: (16)
Bolivar
ninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Christ, you SEC, SEC, SEC guys act like you have had a grip hold on College football for decades....

You're on a Hell or a roll, no doubt. But your arrogance over a little roll is amusing at best and irritating at worst....

Tides will turn, they always do.... Enjoy it.
Simply stating that the SEC has had a dominant role in the NCAA for the past few years makes me neither arrogant, or incorrect.
ninjavanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 09:34 PM   #11
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjavanish View Post
Simply stating that the SEC has had a dominant role in the NCAA for the past few years makes me neither arrogant, or incorrect.
Okay...yes, I can see how all other conferences having relevance or even trying to compete, well....there should probably be the SEC....SEC....SEC....and then D2.....
Old 12-04-2011, 10:10 PM   #12
ninjavanish
Feeling at Home

Trading: (16)
Bolivar
ninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Okay...yes, I can see how all other conferences having relevance or even trying to compete, well....there should probably be the SEC....SEC....SEC....and then D2.....
Not sure I'm following you here, what are you trying to say?
ninjavanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:05 AM   #13
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I understand your point, fine, EJ, but I would say one thing from the heart, though, and the word 'compete'
is where I differ with you. The Cowboys can't 'compete' with LSU in the strictest sense of the word,
it's just a foregone drubbing, in my SEC-minded opinion. But I 'argued' long and hard here that they
deserved the right to HAVE their a$$ whipped in public due to their valorous effort against Oklahoma
and the fact that everything but the ethereal computer formulae showed they were a better alternative
than a rematch of two teams likely to bore the US to death on championship night. I AM A HOMER, so you
can argue that the Cowboys might well win in NO, but now we will never get to know. EVEN MY valid argument
that the better option would have been for the two "top" teams to play a 3 and a 4 would have made MUCH
better television can't save us from the system we have in place and the game we will be forced to watch.
But I don't think Standord, OK St, Houston, Southern Miss, Boise St..none of em could beat LSU or Bama.
But it'd be nice to give them the shot I think they deserve. And WTF happened with Boise St???
Las Vegas Bowl???? weak.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:55 AM   #14
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
I understand your point, fine, EJ, but I would say one thing from the heart, though, and the word 'compete'
is where I differ with you. The Cowboys can't 'compete' with LSU in the strictest sense of the word,
it's just a foregone drubbing, in my SEC-minded opinion. But I 'argued' long and hard here that they
deserved the right to HAVE their a$$ whipped in public due to their valorous effort against Oklahoma
and the fact that everything but the ethereal computer formulae showed they were a better alternative
than a rematch of two teams likely to bore the US to death on championship night. I AM A HOMER, so you
can argue that the Cowboys might well win in NO, but now we will never get to know. EVEN MY valid argument
that the better option would have been for the two "top" teams to play a 3 and a 4 would have made MUCH
better television can't save us from the system we have in place and the game we will be forced to watch.
But I don't think Standord, OK St, Houston, Southern Miss, Boise St..none of em could beat LSU or Bama.
But it'd be nice to give them the shot I think they deserve. And WTF happened with Boise St???
Las Vegas Bowl???? weak.
Brad,

I went to the BCS thread to play....we can continue over there, including my responding to this post. It is apparent that since I don't have the group think, my thoughts are not welcome here.... (If I could put into words how much amusement that brings me, it would lighten all your hearts)
Old 12-05-2011, 06:54 AM   #15
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

What's worst about the post above is how he characterizes arguing here. NEVER IN THE HISTORY OF THE BCS
has there been as much to argue about, plenty of opportunity for lively discussion and good-natured ribbing. But again,
it's lalala, lalala, I can't hear you. They feel preyed upon by me because I argue and contest, it's SO completely
weak. If this was the other way around, it would likely be different. They would be contesting points and making
their arguments. It's like it's ONLY fun one way for them. Weak. Greg Longknocker at least plays along. But they
turn the best cigar forum in the world into what would appear to be every other forum on the net by their lack of any
sense of what is good-natured ribbing and what is not. I get worked up about it too, but I don't pick up my ball
and go home and pout. When this was LSU and FLA, they all played along and had "fun". What is it about
this one group in particular? Is it the start of the season and your own belief that THIS was going to be the year
for the Tide? Did Auburn's championship wound in some way that has set you against the world so firmly. I know,
you say no, it's just LSU (fans) we hate, and you are a perfect example. BS. That's how you COVER IT up. But
that's not IT. Weak. Of course one or more of them won't see this, cause they ignore me. It's college sports,
get over it. That's what this thread is FOR, arguing, discussing, bantering, joshing, betting......weak.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:02 AM   #16
rizzle
Order Restored

Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
What's worst about the post above is how he characterizes arguing here. NEVER IN THE HISTORY OF THE BCS
has there been as much to argue about, plenty of opportunity for lively discussion and good-natured ribbing. But again,
it's lalala, lalala, I can't hear you. They feel preyed upon by me because I argue and contest, it's SO completely
weak. If this was the other way around, it would likely be different. They would be contesting points and making
their arguments. It's like it's ONLY fun one way for them. Weak. Greg Longknocker at least plays along. But they
turn the best cigar forum in the world into what would appear to be every other forum on the net by their lack of any
sense of what is good-natured ribbing and what is not. I get worked up about it too, but I don't pick up my ball
and go home and pout. When this was LSU and FLA, they all played along and had "fun". What is it about
this one group in particular? Is it the start of the season and your own belief that THIS was going to be the year
for the Tide? Did Auburn's championship wound in some way that has set you against the world so firmly. I know,
you say no, it's just LSU (fans) we hate, and you are a perfect example. BS. That's how you COVER IT up. But
that's not IT. Weak. Of course one or more of them won't see this, cause they ignore me. It's college sports,
get over it. That's what this thread is FOR, arguing, discussing, bantering, joshing, betting......weak.
Is they, me?
rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 06:26 AM   #17
OLS
Suck It

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzle View Post
Is they, me?
They indicates more than one.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:55 AM   #18
rizzle
Order Restored

Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
They indicates more than one.
Well, I thought about it, and I can't let you have all the fun. Plus, I learn a lot from you. I'll see if I can round up the others for story time.
rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 08:18 AM   #19
OLS
Suck It

No need, I was simply answering your question. I guess you are not one of the ones ignoring me, lol.

Last edited by OLS; 12-06-2011 at 08:24 AM.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:35 PM   #20
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

An interesting, historical perspective!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vid...ted/index.html