Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 10-24-2011, 09:14 AM   #1
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Trading: (17)
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all
Default Re: Official SEC Football Thread 2011

Florida didn't lose this weekend, wooo!

Bring on Georgia
Old 10-24-2011, 09:23 AM   #2
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFPowersmoker320 View Post
Florida didn't lose this weekend, wooo!

Bring on Georgia
Yep... it is Florida/Georgia week. I dislike the Dogs all year long. This one week I year that turns into a deep hatred. Bring it!!!!
Old 10-24-2011, 12:40 PM   #3
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

It really IS ALL THE SAME, Riz. That's what's got me wondering what crawled up the Kid's boutay on a Monday.

But don't be deluded, Kid, it's all the same. Saban is way better than Dubose or Shula, but one way or the other,
something is gonna slip, because he is operating much the same as mr. Les Miles over there in Tuscaloosa. He just
keeps his players in fear, and Miles is more of a player's coach. You can't keep the lid on that tight without a blow,
though. One day it's gonna come. It's the SAME argument I was throwing at Urban Meyer for years around here.
And the FL faithful weren't havin' it. I was calling his players dirty thugs, and I meant it. Yes, I agree that LSU
has had some trouble this year and it is at the coaches discretion if or how long to punish players. So he gets his
players back on board before the Bama game. Can you blame him? Do you think that Jordan Jefferson is feeling like
he is back now and everything is forgiven? Hell no, he barely plays, and then only to tune him up lest Lee go down
in T-town. He is hardly the starting QB again. And all he did was beat the 5hit out of someone at a bar he shouldn't
have been at. It's not like he was on dust or something while he did it.

Lighten up and prepare for the whuppin.

It is INDEED on. Gonna be a tough weekend, though. What to do, what to do.
------------
One thing I can say, this is likely to break all viewership records on CBS next weekend.
Can you IMAGINE the kind of football we are going to witness??? It's scary to even THINK
about how priviledged we are to be able to see something like this.

Last edited by OLS; 10-24-2011 at 12:52 PM.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:20 PM   #4
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
It really IS ALL THE SAME, Riz. That's what's got me wondering what crawled up the Kid's boutay on a Monday.

But don't be deluded, Kid, it's all the same. Saban is way better than Dubose or Shula, but one way or the other,
something is gonna slip, because he is operating much the same as mr. Les Miles over there in Tuscaloosa. He just
keeps his players in fear, and Miles is more of a player's coach. You can't keep the lid on that tight without a blow,
though. One day it's gonna come. It's the SAME argument I was throwing at Urban Meyer for years around here.
And the FL faithful weren't havin' it. I was calling his players dirty thugs, and I meant it. Yes, I agree that LSU
has had some trouble this year and it is at the coaches discretion if or how long to punish players. So he gets his
players back on board before the Bama game. Can you blame him? Do you think that Jordan Jefferson is feeling like
he is back now and everything is forgiven? Hell no, he barely plays, and then only to tune him up lest Lee go down
in T-town. He is hardly the starting QB again. And all he did was beat the 5hit out of someone at a bar he shouldn't
have been at. It's not like he was on dust or something while he did it.

It is INDEED on. Gonna be a tough weekend, though. What to do, what to do.
------------
One thing I can say, this is likely to break all viewership records on CBS next weekend.
Can you IMAGINE the kind of football we are going to witness??? It's scary to even THINK
about how priviledged we are to be able to see something like this.

Grrrrrrrr! Bah humbug!!! I don't know how to lighten up

But, I do think Les is setting pretty much the same bad bad example for his players as DuBose and Shula did for Bama, and that such a lenient punishment policy will bite him in the butt sooner, rather than later. And, I agree that it is a problem that exist over a large part of the sport, unfortunately. I also think the NCAA is a complete loss as a policing agency! For example, I think they hurried up their investigation of Cam Newton at Auburn, because they do not want another "Reggie Bush/Heisman" boondoggle!

Hell, I think a lot of things! I agree 100% with you that Saban is much better than our last 2-3-4? coaches!!!! But that would not be difficult, since we have had some real losers in the recent past when it came to the management side and the enforcement side!

My post before was from a small apartment in Mississippi, with nothing much to do, so I had to lash out at someone, and since LSU is next up...... Heck, it's SEC football, so they are definitely in the sights!! But don't worry, Auburn will soon be in the sights!!

However, I'm now at home for a couple of days, and have already taken out my aggressions on a couple of squirrels (for breakfast tomorrow), and a crow (stupid birds are stripping my pecan trees, and waking me up early in the mornings while doing it!!). So, I'm calmed down tonight, and don't need any meds........ Yet. Let's see what my Cardinals do, then it may be a different story!!

Sorry, I had to strip the emoticons out of your post so mine would not overload the system!!! But I do get that you were being non-confrontational. As I was being, but failed to put any smiles in!
Old 10-24-2011, 08:29 PM   #5
ir13
PSHC - T1nyH@

Trading: (44)
HUpmann
ir13 is a jewel in the roughir13 is a jewel in the roughir13 is a jewel in the rough

Sadly I will be pulling for UF this weekend.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:00 AM   #6
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ir13 View Post
Sadly I will be pulling for UF this weekend.
It's will be an honor to have you as a fan
Old 10-25-2011, 11:19 AM   #7
ir13
PSHC - T1nyH@

Trading: (44)
HUpmann
ir13 is a jewel in the roughir13 is a jewel in the roughir13 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator View Post
It's will be an honor to have you as a fan
Its just so we have a buffer on UGA. That was if we throw up a goose egg on Arkansas we can still beat UF to win the east.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:59 PM   #8
Powers

Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Brantley is probable for the UGA game. Hopefully that will give UF the edge over Georgia. Florida ain't so hot but if we can beat UGA and FSU, we'll be 3-0 against our rivals

I'm a glass half full kinda guy
Old 10-25-2011, 12:04 PM   #9
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

I could tell it was a lashout, Sville, no problems, especially on the subject at hand.

In simple terms, Saban is easily the coach least likely to succeed at getting his program in trouble.
But the NCAA is a cesspool, especially at the top, and we just happen to pull for the top two teams.
As a certified HOMER, I see LSU through rose-colored glasses, much as you do the Tide. I didn't even
know they had gotten in trouble at the start of the year for over signing players. I had to read about
that one yesterday as I tried ti find out how Miles and Arkansas went together, haha. Over-signing is
not fair to the kids.

And what is it with these squirrels today?? I can't remember them eating green pecans when I was a kid? NEVER.
Now unless I brutally enforce a no fly zone in my back yard with my new Beaman break-barrel pellet gun with scope,
89 bucks at wahlmart, I end up with no nuts for the 7th year in a row. Not to mention a patio COVERED in broken up
green pecans. As it is the damage they do while I am at work alone means that I'll be lucky to have a dozen ripe pecans
this year. But I have been MERCILESS!! I quit skinning them and took to putting them in a ziplock bag in the
freezer and tossing them on trash day. Smoked a few, though, not bad.
This new pellet gun is brutally accurate, hehe. But I have two trees basically stripped again.

Last edited by OLS; 10-25-2011 at 12:12 PM.
Old 10-25-2011, 01:18 PM   #10
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
And what is it with these squirrels today?? I can't remember them eating green pecans when I was a kid? NEVER.
Now unless I brutally enforce a no fly zone in my back yard with my new Beaman break-barrel pellet gun with scope,
89 bucks at wahlmart, I end up with no nuts for the 7th year in a row. Not to mention a patio COVERED in broken up
green pecans. As it is the damage they do while I am at work alone means that I'll be lucky to have a dozen ripe pecans
this year. But I have been MERCILESS!! I quit skinning them and took to putting them in a ziplock bag in the
freezer and tossing them on trash day. Smoked a few, though, not bad.
This new pellet gun is brutally accurate, hehe. But I have two trees basically stripped again.
The squirrels have usually waited until the day before I look for the pecans to fall, and then they devastate my crop overnight. This year, the crows are assisting them by stripping the green pecans, tearing thru the husks, and eating the meat before it's even ready. I'm going to hang the next crow I kill in one of my pecan trees! That should give them something to think about!!!!

This year will be the fifth in a row I've failed to get any before the animals! I have 6 acres full of other trees, and the ground is littered with acorns and hickory nuts this year. Apparently they would rather run across my yard in the open and eat pecans!!! And my dog just lays there and watches the show. Grrrrrrrrrrr!!

Roll Tide Roll. BTW, I'd love to see Boise State play either of us!! That would be a killin' worth seeing!!
Old 10-25-2011, 12:11 PM   #11
OLS
Suck It

Thank goodness for the cocktail party, or I'd have nothing to do all weekend.
I am gonna have to go UGA, cause while I am a sometimes Bama fan, I am a NO-
times Florida fan. I know my brothers in and out of FL have florgiven me for that
already, so it's OK. Just need something to watch. Or it's back to Nashville to drink
with Bill. BUT I DO wish FL the best on the re-building.
Old 10-25-2011, 02:54 PM   #12
Powers

Bolivar

Conference realignment, mascot-based edition:

http://i.imgur.com/Vay1x.jpg

Old 10-26-2011, 06:24 AM   #13
OLS
Suck It

My uncle used to epoxy ripe nuts to the picnic table and that would keep them so occupied that they
had little time to play in the trees. I have a couple of dogs that keep them in the trees, so if they drop a nut,
they just grab another. And they drop em all the time.

Football.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:25 PM   #14
rizzle
Order Restored

Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

We're coming to get you.....
rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 05:10 PM   #15
OLS
Suck It

Are you speaking as a squirrel or a Bama fan? (see posts 223+225)

As to the Big Game, I need to warn you Bama fans, Say what you want around your friends, but lay your MONEY
down on the Tigers. This is as close to a push as I have ever seen, but the Tigers are going to come out on top.

I have been a Tiger fan since I was a kid, and never in their history have people taken them seriously enough,
and until they are hit in the face with a big purple rubber dildo, they just won't accept the truth. This is true
about a lot of teams, but keep the faces of Oregon and WVU fans in mind as you place your bets. I think all of
Bama's opponents fans realized they had no chance, but not so with the Tigers. They show up in their white-out
or gold-out gear, shake their pom-poms and bounce to the techno stadium groover songs. But until they get
smacked in the mouth a couple of times, over and over again, they just don't GET the Tigers. NO, my friend,
we are coming for YOU.......

Don't miss this chance to make some money off your bookie.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:47 PM   #16
jjirons69
Haberdasher

First Name: Jamie
Trading: (94)
LGC
jjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to behold

Talk about a toss up - I'm taking Florida as the dog. Hate UGA and the Gators. It's like choosing between poison ivy and chiggers.

Then there's the Cocks and the Vols. Like picking a lady to dance at the old folks home...
Old 10-29-2011, 06:55 AM   #17
OLS
Suck It

I at least have a bit of fun with USC-UT today. I like the cocktail party, too, This is rough when your team is idle.
Hard to say if one or both teams will be affected by it next week. I NEED ENTERTAINMENT THIS WEEKEND! I am
not even smoking meat this weekend cause I am SO FAT! I am trying to take every indulgence off the table and
work through this. Man I miss my cigarettes!!!

I am gonna go with Chiggers this weekend, believe it or not. Not just Lattimore being out, but D. Dooley is desparate.
(Bet LSU while you can.)
Old 10-29-2011, 07:31 AM   #18
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

SC 24 TN 10

Lattimore is out, but they do have some depth left on the running game with Brandon Wilds. Plus, without Lattimore, TN will not be stacking the box so hard. Hopefully, we'll see some more of the air game.

Another spot to watch closely is SC's Clowney vs TN's Worley. Clowney went to South Pointe High and Worley went to Northwester (my AlmaMater). They are cross town rivals and had a HUGE game last year to determine who goes to state. Northwester won. Clowney will be looking for some revenge. I am seeing a big game for him today.
hammondc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 02:45 PM   #19
OLS
Suck It

I hope I get to see it tonight on CBS...if not I guess I miss it....lemme check the schedules of both teams...
Damn...it's on the douche.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:15 PM   #20
OLS
Suck It

Am I the only one that HATES this 'new' style of celebration that everyone seems to have to do now where they
risk broken ankles everytime they go up??
It's not going away, people jump up and bump in mid-air. You'd think the coaches would put a stop to it, it's very
dangerous. Land wrong, land on the other guy's foot or calf or ankle....It's the equivalent of playing off-
season touch football....oops, I broke my tibia, sorry coach.