Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 10-06-2011, 10:07 AM   #1
jjirons69
Haberdasher

First Name: Jamie
Trading: (94)
LGC
jjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Official SEC Football Thread 2011

Struggling with USC vs Kentucky with 19.5 points. Kentucky isn't that good, but for every score they put up Carolina has to keep that 20 point buffer. Want to side with Kentucky, but they've let me down all season. Don't know which Shaw shows up.

Also the UGA and Tenn game with UGA favored by 1.5. Tenn is at home, but they have been hit or miss, as have UGA. My first inclination says go with UGA. Just might do that.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:20 AM   #2
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Trading: (17)
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjirons69 View Post
Struggling with USC vs Kentucky with 19.5 points. Kentucky isn't that good, but for every score they put up Carolina has to keep that 20 point buffer. Want to side with Kentucky, but they've let me down all season. Don't know which Shaw shows up.

Also the UGA and Tenn game with UGA favored by 1.5. Tenn is at home, but they have been hit or miss, as have UGA. My first inclination says go with UGA. Just might do that.
I'm staying clear of the UGA v UT game but I'm leaning towards the spread w/Kentucky
Old 10-02-2011, 11:37 AM   #3
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

That's it in a nutshell. I take nothing away from Spurrier and his team, EVERYONE makes bad decisions now
and again. In our frame by frame slo-mo, after-the-fact, internet pundit world, it's far too easy to pick apart the
decisions.....BUT, they were BAD DECISIONS. Dropped a bomb on the East, though. Opened it up like a watermelon
hitting a sidewalk. I see new hope for a few teams.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 12:45 PM   #4
Powers

Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Hats off to my Bama brothers, y'all looked really good. Gators didn't look particularly bad, y'all just out muscled us in every position. Dissapointed that our D line didn't impact the game as much as I thought they would but impressed at the Gator passing attack. Ironically, our passing (which I thought would be our weakness) was much better than our running game (which I thought would be our strength). To sum up, I don't think Florida is a bad team, we just are not an elite team yet, which Bama clearly is

But this is a young and talented Gator team that will learn from it and get better
Bring on #1 LSU in Baton Rogue
Old 10-02-2011, 02:59 PM   #5
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFPowersmoker320 View Post
Hats off to my Bama brothers, y'all looked really good. Gators didn't look particularly bad, y'all just out muscled us in every position. Dissapointed that our D line didn't impact the game as much as I thought they would but impressed at the Gator passing attack. Ironically, our passing (which I thought would be our weakness) was much better than our running game (which I thought would be our strength). To sum up, I don't think Florida is a bad team, we just are not an elite team yet, which Bama clearly is

But this is a young and talented Gator team that will learn from it and get better
Good Game, Mike! Might Have Been Closer With Your Starting QB In The Game. BAMA Has A Chip On Their Shoulder This Year, So I Hope They Have A Good Chance At The National Championship. Go Gators & Clobber LSU!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:52 AM   #6
rizzle
Order Restored

Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

Well, finally got to see a Bama win in the swamp. I missed the '99 game because a buddy of mine (who is a gator alum) was getting married that day in Atlanta. I was there back in 90 or 91 when we just got rolled, and I was ther for the last go round in '06, I believe, when we had a chance coming out of halftime but just couldn't stop them. We left no doubt Saturday night.

Oddly enough, I heard a stat that coming into that game we were actually 7-2 against UF in the swamp, and here I am going, damn, why is it every time I show up we lose? No more.

And I gotta say, when you put the females of UF and Bama together, wow. Make a man write bad checks.
rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:33 AM   #7
Powers

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzle View Post
Well, finally got to see a Bama win in the swamp. I missed the '99 game because a buddy of mine (who is a gator alum) was getting married that day in Atlanta. I was there back in 90 or 91 when we just got rolled, and I was ther for the last go round in '06, I believe, when we had a chance coming out of halftime but just couldn't stop them. We left no doubt Saturday night.

Oddly enough, I heard a stat that coming into that game we were actually 7-2 against UF in the swamp, and here I am going, damn, why is it every time I show up we lose? No more.

And I gotta say, when you put the females of UF and Bama together, wow. Make a man write bad checks.
Aldrin, Kevin and I were there in '06 as well, who knows you might have walked past a drunken redhead and two Asians coming out of the student section; hopefully with some aforementioned Florida coeds

I've been to Baton Rogue twice and next on my list for SEC stadiums is Bryant-Denny
Old 10-03-2011, 05:29 PM   #8
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFPowersmoker320 View Post
Boy they're gonna learn this weekend alright. I hope that that new QB pays close attention to his
coaches this week. He is going to be forced into a ton of mistakes as it is. I want him to play well.
He looks as if he has some skills.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:35 PM   #9
jjirons69
Haberdasher

First Name: Jamie
Trading: (94)
LGC
jjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to behold

Looks like the Ol' Ball Coach is putting Garcia on the bench. I hope he gets his 5th year degree. He's gonna need it.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:27 AM   #10
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjirons69 View Post
Looks like the Ol' Ball Coach is putting Garcia on the bench. I hope he gets his 5th year degree. He's gonna need it.
No kidding. I was so relieved to hear this today. I was out of town and did not watch that clusterfark of a game vs Auburn. I do not know what happened to Garcia, but he is just simply terrible this year. I do not see how Shaw cannot do any worse. They need to get him in sometime anyway. It makes me sick how they are throwing away chances with all that talent on the team.
hammondc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:41 AM   #11
Powers

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammondc View Post
No kidding. I was so relieved to hear this today. I was out of town and did not watch that clusterfark of a game vs Auburn. I do not know what happened to Garcia, but he is just simply terrible this year. I do not see how Shaw cannot do any worse. They need to get him in sometime anyway. It makes me sick how they are throwing away chances with all that talent on the team.
I honestly think Garcia does not care about football enough to put in the work required. He obviously does not train enough, study film enough, or the playbook enough. He has not improved, perhaps regressed even, in several years.

I hate to say it, as much as I like Spurrier, but I think Auburn is a poor team this year. I'm picking them to lose at least four more games (Ark, UF, LSU, Bama) and maybe five playing at Georgia. To have a chance in the SEC you gotta beat the teams u're supposed to and USC couldn't do it Saturday

Old 10-04-2011, 07:57 AM   #12
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

I think Garcia progressed up to last year. He has taken leaps backwards this year. These are freshmen mistakes he is making. Auburn does suck this year. That should have been a huge win, not a stupid loss. I am not giving up on the boys yet. We will have to see what Shaw can do. If he can keep it together and the O-line can get him some time, I think they will recover. THis BS of handing to to Lattimore very play has got to stop. A short pass here and there plus a deep ball a couple time a quarter to Alshon plus Lattimore on the ground should keep the ball moving.

I am also curious to see what this Damiere Byrd kid can do with a QB that does not throw all INTs.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:56 PM   #13
ir13
PSHC - T1nyH@

Trading: (44)
HUpmann
ir13 is a jewel in the roughir13 is a jewel in the roughir13 is a jewel in the rough

Im happy with the annoucement to bench Garcia, we have to use Shaw at QB next year and Garcia is preforming terribly so why no put him in, to at the very worst get him the experience under pressure.

Plus as others have said, he cant preform worse than Garcia has been.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:07 PM   #14
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ir13 View Post
Im happy with the annoucement to bench Garcia, we have to use Shaw at QB next year and Garcia is preforming terribly so why no put him in, to at the very worst get him the experience under pressure.

Plus as others have said, he cant preform worse than Garcia has been.
100% how I feel. I think he will be fine. There is a lot of 'excitement' about his lackluster performance at the ECU game. I do not see a repeat of that performance.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:08 PM   #15
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

It has taken me a couple of days to get over that a** whippin' that Bama put on us, but congrats to Greg and Ritchie. I will dang sure be pullin' for Bama in the west. Hopefully, we can do our part and take care of HellSU this weekend.
Old 10-07-2011, 06:51 PM   #16
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator View Post
It has taken me a couple of days to get over that a** whippin' that Bama put on us, but congrats to Greg and Ritchie. I will dang sure be pullin' for Bama in the west. Hopefully, we can do our part and take care of HellSU this weekend.
Thanks, Brent. Beat LSU, Brother!
Old 10-07-2011, 10:59 AM   #17
theycallmedan'lboone

I'm not sure how bad Auburn is going to lose to Arkansas... any thoughts?
Old 10-07-2011, 06:50 PM   #18
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by theycallmedan'lboone View Post
I'm not sure how bad Auburn is going to lose to Arkansas... any thoughts?
Auburn Always Lucks Out. They'll Beat Arkansas.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:12 PM   #19
OLS
Suck It

I think that as bad as Garcia looked this past weekend, and it was apalling, he is suffering the same fate as
Jarrett Lee last weekend, a TON OF DROPS. I thought he looked great in broken plays running the ball, threw a
few nice passes that should have been caught...but I agree, you can see a lack of film study and a lack of field
vision at this level of experience. The game should be slowed way down for his brain, and it still looks like he
can't see the field at all. Looking for a much better outing for LSU this weekend at home, sorry Gator fans,
we'd all like your starting QB in there this week, but I bet he is secretly THRILLED to be sitting. The new guy
looks REALLY CAPABLE, so this looks a bit like a trap to me, but LSU escapes, 45-23.
Old 10-08-2011, 07:51 AM   #20
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

Partagas

Oh yeah!!!! Game day!