Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2011, 11:04 AM   #11
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Official SEC Football Thread 2011

Rizzle, I doubt you will find one credible sportswriter who will say in print where his cohorts can read it that
Alabama should have won that game. They lined up in huge lines to say it on FRIDAY and SATURDAY morning,
but no one said it on Sunday. I love Alabama, except for one day a year. But I do not love LSU so much that I will just
say homer-istic things about them to make myself feel good inside. If you had beaten us, even by one, even in regulation,
I would have congratulated you, because that's the kind of game it was. Everyone had ample chances to make good on the
opportunity in front of them. If you had the team to win by 14, you should have won by 30, because we gave you all the
chances in the world. But the measure of a good team is not perfection, but the focus to remain in the game despite your
mitakes. Jarrett Lee was good enough for 8-0, but not good enough for 9-0, so he got yanked. He made his mistakes and the
rest of his teammates erased his errors for him. The Tide failed to erase the mistakes of their kicker and their coach who
put him IN position to fail. Pooch punts would have been the better choice on the last two missed field goals. Moving the ball
against the Tide was TOUGH, nearly impossible. Les Miles used his superior balance to shackle the tide with bad field
position over and over. Nothing said Saban had to keep going for the big pass or the trick play. You didn't see Les Miles
reaching into his kooky bag. --edit--- Personally, I hated the way Miles was forced to play, FAR too conservative for his tastes
or mine. But in the end, that's how he won the game. If Saban had even QB sneaked three times and kicked the 3,
he might have won the game. But it was only a game. I only wanted to explain my statements, balance in all three
phases of the game is a very desirable quality, as is having people to fill in holes. The only place we are thin in 2011
is on the offensive line.

Last edited by OLS; 11-07-2011 at 11:12 AM.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote