Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 08-23-2011, 07:00 AM   #1
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Trading: (17)
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all
Default Official SEC Football Thread 2011

Five Consecutive BCS National Championships (Florida 06, LSU 07, Florida 08, Alabama 09, Auburn 10)

Half the conference ranked in the AP's Preseason Top 25

One division, the West, has more preseason ranked teams, including Alabama and LSU in the Top 5, then any other entire conference.

Talk of college football in the late summer in Dixie is as ubiquitous as mosquitoes and humidity. From work water coolers to church parking lots, college football fans in the South debate the intricacies of the upcoming season. And no where more than in the states that make up the Southeastern Conference. From Rocky Top in the Tennessee hills, to the Maroon Band of Mississippi State, to the World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party, to the Eye of the Tiger in Death Valley or the chomp in the Swamp.

The South does not revolve around the sun, it revolves around SEC football

Old 08-23-2011, 08:12 AM   #2
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future
Default Re: Official SEC Football Thread 2011

College Football & Roll, Tide!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 11:52 AM   #3
G G
BR549

Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Go Dawgs
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 02:21 PM   #4
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFPowersmoker320 View Post
Five Consecutive BCS National Championships (Florida 06, LSU 07, Florida 08, Alabama 09, Auburn 10)

Half the conference ranked in the AP's Preseason Top 25

One division, the West, has more preseason ranked teams, including Alabama and LSU in the Top 5, then any other entire conference.

Talk of college football in the late summer in Dixie is as ubiquitous as mosquitoes and humidity. From work water coolers to church parking lots, college football fans in the South debate the intricacies of the upcoming season. And no where more than in the states that make up the Southeastern Conference. From Rocky Top in the Tennessee hills, to the Maroon Band of Mississippi State, to the World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party, to the Eye of the Tiger in Death Valley or the chomp in the Swamp.

The South does not revolve around the sun, it revolves around SEC football

Everything He said!!!!! Plus 10! Roll Tide Roll. Go SEC.

Been wondering when you'd get this thread going!

We are definitely getting close! 11 days to first Bama game! And, it will be special for me! NinjaVanish will be here with my lovely daughter-in-law to watch it with us!!! Great weekend coming in 11 days!
Old 08-23-2011, 02:52 PM   #5
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvilleKid View Post

Everything He said!!!!! Plus 10! Roll Tide Roll. Go SEC.

Been wondering when you'd get this thread going!

We are definitely getting close! 11 days to first Bama game! And, it will be special for me! NinjaVanish will be here with my lovely daughter-in-law to watch it with us!!! Great weekend coming in 11 days!
Awesome, Cliff!
Old 08-23-2011, 03:19 PM   #6
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

Gators have a brutal schedule this year... but like a true Gator fan... I am so looking forward to this season. Best of luck to all and Go SEC!!!!
Old 08-23-2011, 03:28 PM   #7
Powers

Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Yeah Brent, our schedule is nuts. At least we don't have a good chance of starting the season 0-2 like UGA!
Old 08-24-2011, 05:38 PM   #8
macpappy
Rider on the storm.

Trading: (0)
Cohiba CoastGuard (Retired)
macpappy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Yeah Brent, our schedule is nuts. At least we don't have a good chance of starting the season 0-2 like UGA!
There are no easy schedules in the SEC. You could move six teams from the SEC to other conferences and they would win the championships.
Old 08-23-2011, 04:54 PM   #9
ucubed
Corona Cigars

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (15)
ucubed is a jewel in the roughucubed is a jewel in the roughucubed is a jewel in the rough

I don't know...I have a feeling we'll do better than most people say =D
ucubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:00 PM   #10
rizzle
Order Restored

Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

I guess my thread smelled bad. Roll Tide biznachos!
rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:03 PM   #11
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzle View Post
I guess my thread smelled bad. Roll Tide biznachos!
Yes, Sir, My BAMA Brother!
Old 08-23-2011, 09:19 PM   #12
Powers

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucubed View Post
I don't know...I have a feeling we'll do better than most people say =D
Muschampions
Old 08-24-2011, 01:15 PM   #13
ucubed
Corona Cigars

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (15)
ucubed is a jewel in the roughucubed is a jewel in the roughucubed is a jewel in the rough

I think this is a great article about the possible Texas A&M conference change in the future... http://www.gatorsports.com/article/2...10829846?tc=cr
ucubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 05:39 PM   #14
ir13
PSHC - T1nyH@

Trading: (44)
HUpmann
ir13 is a jewel in the roughir13 is a jewel in the roughir13 is a jewel in the rough

Going to be one helluva season in the SEC, the east is ours i hope. The west however is going to be beast this year.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:41 PM   #15
rizzle
Order Restored

Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

Jordan Jefferson turned himself in. Looking like Jarrett Lee will be the starter now.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:46 PM   #16
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation

Knowing Les Miles "win at any cost" theory, I figured it would take criminal charges before he would pull them from the roster.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:34 AM   #17
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvilleKid View Post
Knowing Les Miles "win at any cost" theory, I figured it would take criminal charges before he would pull them from the roster.
I guess it's all in who you hate....This is NCAA football, not Les Miles.
Remember a little coach named Nick Saban? I don't remember Auburn holding Cam Newton out.
I remember FLA doing similar. But you are right. Those boys were gonna play til Les understood
that there was video. Who in their right mind does ANYTHING like that in a crowd in the modern world?
SOMEONE is gonna cam-phone it, if not everyone. JJ just showed how dumb we already knew he was.

But you know what I REALLY like? LSU playing a huge national power right out of the gate. Know
anybody with the cojones to schedule that kind of game out of the box? Season make or break for
both teams. We'll play our share of McNeese State's before it's all said and done, but LSU still
understands the magic and suspense of non-conference play, babay.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:49 PM   #18
Powers

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
what I REALLY like? LSU playing a huge national power right out of the gate.
That speaks to the whole point that, in addition to having the toughest conference play, SEC schools schedule tough non-conference play as well: Georgia playing Boise State, LSU w/Oregon AND West Virginia (aka the unconstitutional state), USC & Auburn playing Clemson, and Florida against the Seminoles.

Old 09-02-2011, 11:24 AM   #19
rizzle
Order Restored

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
I guess it's all in who you hate....This is NCAA football, not Les Miles.
Remember a little coach named Nick Saban? I don't remember Auburn holding Cam Newton out.
I remember FLA doing similar. But you are right. Those boys were gonna play til Les understood
that there was video. Who in their right mind does ANYTHING like that in a crowd in the modern world?
SOMEONE is gonna cam-phone it, if not everyone. JJ just showed how dumb we already knew he was.

But you know what I REALLY like? LSU playing a huge national power right out of the gate. Know
anybody with the cojones to schedule that kind of game out of the box?
Season make or break for
both teams. We'll play our share of McNeese State's before it's all said and done, but LSU still
understands the magic and suspense of non-conference play, babay.
Quote:
That speaks to the whole point that, in addition to having the toughest conference play, SEC schools schedule tough non-conference play as well: Georgia playing Boise State, LSU w/Oregon AND West Virginia (aka the unconstitutional state), USC & Auburn playing Clemson, and Florida against the Seminoles.

Ahem. Couple years ago, we smashed Clempson in the opener when Clempson was a lot of folks pick to be a title contender. Year after that we smashed Virginia Tech in the same circumstance. Lat year and this we got Penn State in the second game. Next year we're opening with Michigan. So yea, I know a team with the cajones to do it.

Let's get it on. LSU and Georgia best not let me down.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:05 PM   #20
Powers

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzle View Post
Ahem. Couple years ago, we smashed Clempson in the opener when Clempson was a lot of folks pick to be a title contender. Year after that we smashed Virginia Tech in the same circumstance. Lat year and this we got Penn State in the second game. Next year we're opening with Michigan. So yea, I know a team with the cajones to do it.

Let's get it on. LSU and Georgia best not let me down.
Indeed sir, I mistakenly didn't see Penn State in the SEC helmet schedule I was looking at due to their inconspicuous headgear.

As for LSU and UGA this weekend, I can't say i'll be actively rooting for Georgia but......