Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 09-29-2011, 06:00 AM   #121
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Official SEC Football Thread 2011

I can't handle the ONE we have NOW.

I think I am leaning highly towards Gtech now, too. I think it's an EASY get, too.
A lot of people say imbalance is OK in the SEC, but I would say that they need to get
it balanced before they even start playing as an expanded conference. No sense in one
side having an extra conference game to play while the other side plays sisters of the poor.
The only thing I don't like about expansion is it inhibits one avenue the TIGERS have been
pretty successfully riding to the top of the BCS of late, playing a great mix of non-conf. teams.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 06:41 AM   #122
msgtmac

Maroon and White, Gonna be a dog fight in Ga Saturday.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:45 AM   #123
msgtmac

Out of state loyality. My youngest," kneedragger " is a senior there.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:58 AM   #124
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

Trivia question... when was the last time Florida was an home underdog?
Old 09-29-2011, 08:47 AM   #125
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Trading: (17)
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator View Post
Trivia question... when was the last time Florida was an home underdog?
good question, don't know for sure. maybe the '06 Bama game, '08 LSU game, or if not I would think definitely sometime in the Ron Zook era
Old 09-29-2011, 09:11 AM   #126
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFPowersmoker320 View Post
good question, don't know for sure. maybe the '06 Bama game, '08 LSU game
Way before these!!!
Old 09-29-2011, 09:12 AM   #127
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

Quote:
Way before these!!!
Never? Because at the Swamp only Gators get out alive?
Old 09-29-2011, 09:46 AM   #128
rizzle
Order Restored

Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Way before these!!!
FSU '03. Google is my friend. Roll Tide!
rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 11:58 AM   #129
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzle View Post
FSU '03. Google is my friend. Roll Tide!
Yep, and before that I think it was FSU at the '99 game.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:23 PM   #130
Powers

Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Quote:
Yep, and before that I think it was FSU at the '99 game.
Huh, interesting indeed. I'm extremely excited to see how Weis on offense and Muschamp/Quinn on defense go after the Tide schematically. We'll find out how good our 1st year group of coaches are on Saturday. Executing those schemes is the, well, elephant in the middle of the room
Old 09-29-2011, 01:30 PM   #131
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFPowersmoker320 View Post
Huh, interesting indeed. I'm extremely excited to see how Weis on offense and Muschamp/Quinn on defense go after the Tide schematically. We'll find out how good our 1st year group of coaches are on Saturday. Executing those schemes is the, well, elephant in the middle of the room
Yep, I am really excited to see how we stack up. Funny, though... I don't ever remember as many people asking "do you think we have a chance!" Have a chance!!! We are STILL the Gators and we have one or two athletes!!! Bama will be in the Swamp and the game time is 8:00. After drinking all day the fans will be in rare form and the place will be rocking.

Damn right we have a chance!!!! Go Gators!!!!
Old 09-29-2011, 01:41 PM   #132
rizzle
Order Restored

Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Yep, I am really excited to see how we stack up. Funny, though... I don't ever remember as many people asking "do you think we have a chance!" Have a chance!!! We are STILL the Gators and we have one or two athletes!!! Bama will be in the Swamp and the game time is 8:00. After drinking all day the fans will be in rare form and the place will be rocking.

By the way...you get my text the other day?
rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 03:34 PM   #133
Powers

Bolivar

Quote:

I agree completely, and if it comes down to a field goal Sturgis has been rock solid from distance. Yet I am so jealous that UF has three home night games and I'm not there to partake in the shenanigans
Old 09-29-2011, 03:54 PM   #134
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzle View Post
By the way...you get my text the other day?
I don't text brother

Sorry!!
Old 09-29-2011, 07:38 PM   #135
theycallmedan'lboone

Any chance Spurrier and USC (E) don't hang 50 on Auburn?
Old 09-29-2011, 08:29 PM   #136
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by theycallmedan'lboone View Post
Any chance Spurrier and USC (E) don't hang 50 on Auburn?
Auburn will be lucky to get out with only 50 scored against them, IMO! Their defense hasn't been on the field yet! No reason to think it will show up this weekend. Really embarrassing last week to have the most offensive yards ever scored against an SEC team ticked off against Auburn. I think they need to stop worrying the loss of Cam, and get to the police department to report the theft of their defense!
Old 09-30-2011, 03:55 AM   #137
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
I don't text brother

Sorry!!
http://youtu.be/ueZGsuOvXlU
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 04:39 AM   #138
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

Can't wait til Saturday Night. Go Gators!
Old 09-30-2011, 06:08 AM   #139
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvilleKid View Post
Really embarrassing last week to have the most offensive yards ever scored against an SEC team ticked off against Auburn.
Really?? I would have sworn it was what WVU hung on LSU last weekend, lol.

As for me I am gonna go and have beers with my buddy Bill 86 in Nash Vegas, and crawl home
and catch the game on CBS, capping a fine day of fall enjoyment. If I don't get arrested on
the way home.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 06:56 AM   #140
jjirons69
Haberdasher

First Name: Jamie
Trading: (94)
LGC
jjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to behold

Don't get arrested, Brad!

Hey, I know this is the SEC thread, but us Clemson folk have opinions.

USC hasn't covered but once this year (against UGA), so I'm again taking Auburn with 11.5. Spurrier is still the best quarterback on the team and he should play at least one quarter tomorrow. He better be looking ahead to next year and who is going to lead the team.

I agree if Bama can play the game they have in the book, they will stomp Florida, which is also fine with me. Key is no turnovers.

Depending on which Les Miles shows up, the 28.5 spread is causing me some worry. I think I'll take them anyway, as Kentucky is not firing on all cylinders this year.

One would hope UGA cover cover 8.5 with Miss St. I betting on it. They'll be between the hedges, so that should give them more confidence.

I'm also taking my Tigers at +7.5. A victory will be sweet for the Tiger Nation who have suffered much inconsistency over the past years.

Go Orange (the Real one)!!!

Ok, I'll share the flag site for all you SEC fans!
http://ideaspot.net/flags/SEC/small/small.html