Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 11-07-2011, 02:53 PM   #321
rizzle
Order Restored

Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Official SEC Football Thread 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
Don't mis-understand me, I think Bama and LSU are the two best football teams in the country. I have nothing
but respect for the team that held us SO stymied through 60 minutes that we were lucky to escape with the
win. What I mean when I say all this is

1.) I knew we would win and told all of you that weeks ago.

2.) I think that being equally capable in all three phases of the game makes LSU by far the more balanced football team.

3.) Winning the game by 100 or 1 means, by the only yardstick that ever counts in the record books or in the BCS
selections for the NCG, that LSU is the top team in the country. Love you guys, but you just didn't do what it took
to walk away with the nomenclature No.1 team in the country. WHAT IS SEC football but a bunch of homers
bragging about their own team? This time it just happened to be for big, big stakes.

Tyrann Mathieu is a superbly skilled football player that PLAYS like a short, unwanted recruit. He runs his mouth
far too much to suit me while he is on the field, and he does some really dumb things once every coupla games.
But he is just one more reason you guys were beaten. He was there when he needed to be there, knocking down
passes, tackling players much bigger than he was in the open field, and making our defense stout enough to throw
back the second most talented team in the USA. And he is a punk. But he's OUR punk.
He was a nonfactor in that game. Other than almost decapitating the guy who had been eating his lunch all night with a cheap shot. Doesn't matter anyway, I just believe him to be a punk, and wanted to go on record as saying so.

Anyway, I don't want to sound like a poor loser, because that's not the case. I just call 'em like I see 'em. We're just going to have to agree to disagree on a few points.
rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 03:58 PM   #322
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzle View Post
He was a nonfactor in that game.
hardly
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:49 AM   #323
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Geez, one little game of the century goes awry and the thread is a ghost town on a Thursday, .
Old 11-11-2011, 10:35 AM   #324
OLS
Suck It

Sheesh, one little post about one little game of the century and this place is a ghost town on a FRIDAY, too.

I guess everybody's various teams chances are shot to $hi+ and it makes it quite un-fun to be in the SEC thread.
I can think of at least three games worth watching. Can't believe with the contingents of USC ad UF fans we have here
that there is not a single post about it today. UT needs to knock off Arkansas this weekend so they can be fired
up on Thanksgiving.
And naturally, I am looking to the Bulldogs to knock off Alabama this week. I think they are utterly deflated after
being embarassed at home last weekend and will roll over and beg against MSU. Likely not going to happen, but
a man can dream.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:26 PM   #325
OLS
Suck It

AHAHAHA, I can't believe someone answered my prayer. It's the GIRL WHO SAID, "that ain't IT is it? It's OVER??"
Don't worry pal, you're a college student, who wears ties to the game. You will be financially able to keep her in
hair die and lip injections until you die of her constant harping a few years after your first child is born.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg poor-bama-fan.jpg (95.6 KB, 154 views)
Old 11-11-2011, 05:23 PM   #326
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Trading: (17)
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

Lets go Gamecocks. Looks like everyone will be back in the game this week with the exception of Lattimore, of course. Lets shake off that loss to Arkansas and put the foot down on Florida.
hammondc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 01:56 AM   #327
ir13
PSHC - T1nyH@

Trading: (44)
HUpmann
ir13 is a jewel in the roughir13 is a jewel in the roughir13 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammondc View Post
Lets go Gamecocks. Looks like everyone will be back in the game this week with the exception of Lattimore, of course. Lets shake off that loss to Arkansas and put the foot down on Florida.
Amen.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:35 AM   #328
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

I do need Auburn to come through today for me.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:39 AM   #329
Fordman4ever
Redneck driving a ricer!!

First Name: Earl
Trading: (26)
HUpmann AirForce (Active)
Fordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the rough

Lets go DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-12-2011, 09:05 AM   #330
OLS
Suck It

Wow, you'd think there would be less drama this week, but I just read the rundown of games slated for
today and there is a LOT to play for this week. Last week was make or break for us, it looks like this week is
make or break for 2-3 teams. I am so torn on this UGA versus USC matchup. Historically I prefer the dogs,
but I have a lot more cigar buddies from the Palmetto State. I think I will pull for USC today, and it's the first one
served up this morning. I am wondering who will be Lincoln Financial's SEC game of the week now that CBS is showing
a game early? Looks like it would HAVE to be Kentucky versus Vanderbilt. No contest, haha, I'll have to watch CBS.
I might flip back and forth, Vandy is really making me proud this year. good forthem, good for the SEC.
Old 11-12-2011, 01:43 PM   #331
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

Partagas

Good pick Brad. SC pulled off their end of the deal. Now...I need Auburn to come through for me.

On a side note....SC needs to get their shiz together and come up with a pass defense or they are going to get rolled by Clemzuhn.
Old 11-12-2011, 02:03 PM   #332
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
Tyrann Mathieu is a superbly skilled football player that PLAYS like a short, unwanted recruit. He runs his mouth
far too much to suit me while he is on the field, and he does some really dumb things once every coupla games.
But he is just one more reason you guys were beaten. He was there when he needed to be there, knocking down
passes, tackling players much bigger than he was in the open field, and making our defense stout enough to throw
back the second most talented team in the USA. And he is a punk. But he's OUR punk.
Well of course Tyrann runs his mouth. He's high on synthetic "Jane". And anyone who buys that crap that says he didn't know what he was taking is full of that same crap!! Come on..... This stuff sells for $40 per pack! They know! Maybe he plays above his abilities because he is high on dope, and doesn't feel anything!

But, that's just my opinion, of course. He is a punk. He will always be a punk. He stands a strong chance to eventually fail at life because he was not mentored from being a punk.

Thank goodness, the SEC will be represented in the national championship by a bunch of punks, thugs and dope-heads! Either that, or we have to accept that they are all so darn stupid that they know nothing at all about anything to understand that their behavior off the field makes them losers in life!

Just sayin' And, I see no logical defense of the lack of moral fiber of MANY of the LSU players, except to stick your head in the sand and ignore ALL the facts of the recent past. And the theory of "win at any cost" IS NOT in the spirit of the game of college football. But, if they are training for the pros, then, I guess the ends justify the means??

There. I've talked about the "white elephant" in the room that nobody else wants to see or discuss. Maybe now the thread will come back to life and we can discuss the games that are upcoming.

However, don't get upset with me when I fail to root for LSU to win the national championship if they play for it. I just can't accept the stain on the SEC from a team that the dopers and thugs of the team will bring to the game. That is my right, and is based on being raised with a set of morals that do not support "winning at any cost". And while the "books and records" will not ever show anything other than the wins and losses, I will make as bold of a future prediction as were made about LSU winning against Bama.

"The LSU players that were involved in the beat down of the U.S. serviceman (and the person he went to help) and the players that were on the synthetic dope and paid NO price for it WILL end up as losers in life."

But then, LSU will still show up as winners in the records, so who really cares, after all, right?
Old 11-12-2011, 02:12 PM   #333
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Now...

As to SEC....

As much as I hate to, I have to pull for Auburn to beat Georgia. I've never been a fan of Georgia. I think Vince Dooley coaching there when I went to Bama may have something to do with that! But, on the other hand, that means that I'd have to pull for Steve Spurier in the SEC championship game...... Decisions decisions decisions. I'm actually thinking I'll just grab my rifle and head to the woods for some afternoon hunting, and let the games take their course. Right now, it sure looks like Auburn and Georgia are fairly well matched. Unless one of the offenses gets tired of running up and down the field, this game may go to who throws the final TD pass!

As to Bama and Miss. State..... This one is always a bittersweet game for me. I have to pull for Bama, of course. However, State is where my mom graduated from (with honors) which was a little special for a female in the 1940's! Plus, my favorite Uncle was a past head of the school of electrical engineering there (he passed away a couple of decades ago), and I have several first cousins that graduated from State! Plus, Stat has a cheese making business that makes some really good cheese! Can anyone guess where my mom's family is from??

Still, as much as I would like to see State as winners, I don't pull for them against Bama. Can they beat Bama. Of course. It's that "any given Saturday" theory. However, I don't see Bama as being so beat up and "disgraced" from last week's game that they would fail to rise to the challenge of State. Of course, if we have the same refs that call completed passes that are down as fumbles, then who knows! It's always difficult to play against the other team AND the officials!! But, in the SEC, that is always a strong possibility, no matter who is playing who!

Last edited by SvilleKid; 11-12-2011 at 02:23 PM.
SvilleKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 02:38 PM   #334
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Nice fumble, Georgia! But, there is no doubt, that WAS a fumble. Even SEC refs could get away with miss-calling that one!!

Yep.... Starting to look like the winner of Georgia/Auburn will be whoever scores last.

OMG! ROFLMAO!! Auburn fumbles it right back! Someone needs to wipe that ball down. I think it has pork lard on it!
Old 11-12-2011, 03:01 PM   #335
OLS
Suck It

Whew, that's a lot of pent up rage from not posting for 6 days. I wonder what Nick Saban was smoking,
allowing himself to be outcoached by a crazy dope pusher? Forcing his kicker to do the impossible because his
offense couldn't score in the red zone against a bunch of hopheads. The Fabulous, Furry Freak Brothers
go into Tuscaloosa and block out 101,000 screaming fans and walk out with the win. Hehe, what a great
game that was. See ya next year Bama.
Old 11-12-2011, 03:08 PM   #336
OLS
Suck It

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvilleKid View Post
Now...

As to SEC....Of course, if we have the same refs that call completed passes that are down as fumbles, then who knows! It's always difficult to play against the other team AND the officials!! But, in the SEC, that is always a strong possibility, no matter who is playing who!
That whining BS might work if the game had been in Tiger Stadium, but this all took place in your own
stadium. And you're unhappy with the way they called the game? You need a new prescription Kid...
With the recent advances on the internet, you can watch that clip over and over and over and over.
You can see your player a full foot off the ground and his gloves OUTSIDE the gloves of the LSU player
whose own gloves are on the football. By the time the play was "down" as you describe it, the LSU
player had full possession of the ball. Keep in mind, this was not reviewed with three bad camera angles
and reverted to the call on the field. The replay officials made the right call, and you are apparently still too pi$$ed
off to accept it. What you need to remember for the future is that the true champions play to a level that
utterly negates the possibility that a game will ride on one call, one interception, one tackle one fumble.
You guys got outplayed, out-kicked AND outcoached.
Old 11-12-2011, 03:22 PM   #337
OLS
Suck It

Quote:
Well of course Tyrann runs his mouth. He's high on synthetic "Jane". And anyone who buys that crap that says he didn't know what he was taking is full of that same crap!! Come on..... This stuff sells for $40 per pack! They know! Maybe he plays above his abilities because he is high on dope, and doesn't feel anything!

But, that's just my opinion, of course. He is a punk. He will always be a punk. He stands a strong chance to eventually fail at life because he was not mentored from being a punk.

Thank goodness, the SEC will be represented in the national championship by a bunch of punks, thugs and dope-heads! Either that, or we have to accept that they are all so darn stupid that they know nothing at all about anything to understand that their behavior off the field makes them losers in life!

Just sayin' And, I see no logical defense of the lack of moral fiber of MANY of the LSU players, except to stick your head in the sand and ignore ALL the facts of the recent past. And the theory of "win at any cost" IS NOT in the spirit of the game of college football. But, if they are training for the pros, then, I guess the ends justify the means??

There. I've talked about the "white elephant" in the room that nobody else wants to see or discuss. Maybe now the thread will come back to life and we can discuss the games that are upcoming.

However, don't get upset with me when I fail to root for LSU to win the national championship if they play for it. I just can't accept the stain on the SEC from a team that the dopers and thugs of the team will bring to the game. That is my right, and is based on being raised with a set of morals that do not support "winning at any cost". And while the "books and records" will not ever show anything other than the wins and losses, I will make as bold of a future prediction as were made about LSU winning against Bama.

"The LSU players that were involved in the beat down of the U.S. serviceman (and the person he went to help) and the players that were on the synthetic dope and paid NO price for it WILL end up as losers in life."

But then, LSU will still show up as winners in the records, so who really cares, after all, right?
I think you need to pull for Brigham Young, Kid. This entire rant is a long version of the same
argument I made against the Florida Gators a few years back, and they called me a crazy a-hole then.
One of their players was videotaped in close-up trying to poke another player's eyes out. Another of
their players was arrested for being drunk and asleep at a stoplight. You know who does these kinds of
things, Kid?? Kids, young men, people who have been exceptional at sports their whole lives and have never
had to face up to anything bad because people always sweep it under the rug or give them the second chance
they probably deserve. And there are as many on the UA team as that UF team and the current LSU team.
Right now you sound like 95% of all the UA fans, still in shock that all of you and all of the national and
regional sports media were WRONG. THAT to me is the white elephant no one wants to talk about. Or is it
that USC beat UF and Oklahoma State POUNDED their opponent with 68 points and one more of your rematch
scenarios went bust. And if you support UA, then you SUPPORT win at any cost. It's the same reason they paid
Nick Saban more than any coach in the USA. It's the reason you have such good recruits. It's the reason you
are a national power. You just don't see it because you are a fan. That and nothing has come out about it.
it's high level college football.......please, spare me.

Last edited by OLS; 11-12-2011 at 03:31 PM.
Old 11-12-2011, 03:47 PM   #338
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

You know, Brad... I went to great lengths NOT to attack you personally, or even from an angle. I talked about the game, and stated my opinion.

Guess that is you! You owe me, and others you chose to attack personally an apology. Sorry, Brad. That's just the way the forum works. Attack ideas and the game. But leave personal attacks off the open forum.
Old 11-12-2011, 03:56 PM   #339
OLS
Suck It

Quote:
You know, Brad... I went to great lengths NOT to attack you personally, or even from an angle. I talked about the game, and stated my opinion.

Guess that is you! You owe me, and others you chose to attack personally an apology. Sorry, Brad. That's just the way the forum works. Attack ideas and the game. But leave personal attacks off the open forum.
Where were you attacked?? You went to great lengths not to attack ME? Are you saying that you
crafted a post that was offensive to me but chose your words carefully to avoid being viewed as
an attacker? That's how it reads to me given all you wrote. I am the only LSU fan that posts in this
thread, if you make wild and unsubstantiated statements regarding the character of the team
I pull for you are likely going to hear about it from me. Why don't you quote the alleged attack.
Old 11-12-2011, 03:57 PM   #340
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

As to the bad eggs on Bamas team???? Don't give generalities. Give specific, fact supported names... I've seen this argument from you in multiple posts. Never once saw any specifics.

And, Bama hired Nick away from Miami. Not LSU. When will LSU get it right that they lost Nick to Miami, not Bama. Seems simple, really. I've got several high school friends that went to LSU. They also can't seem to get that right!

Why did Bama hire Nick? Because we wanted someone to straighten out the mess created by the hiring of the past coached. And we paid him what it took to get the coach they felt could accomplish that goals. Paying coaches money. I just don't see how that equates to cheating????? Again, we can all go to the press and see the examples of character run amok on the LSU team (those stories that weren't quashed). Quote me specifics and sources in Bama, or leave that tired argument at the door. We all know the accuracy of "They Said".

As to why the thread is gone dry..... Maybe guys are tired of personal attacks for stating there opinion about LSU!