Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 09-26-2011, 07:10 AM   #101
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Official SEC Football Thread 2011

Congratulations USC fans on having the same feeling LSU fans have had for almost three years.
Looking at a quarterback with only occasional flashes of brilliance can give you acid
indigestion. I think LSU's Jarrett Lee is to be commended for understanding that even though
he was a star in Texas High School football, throwing Pick-6's as a career was not
getting it done. He then suffered the indignity of being a co-starter with a nimble-
footed, but not very smart or accurate Jordan Jefferson. He could have transferred or
been a dic&, but he waited patiently, learned A LOT, and is now likely the best QB in an
admittedly weak class of QBs in the SEC. Tyler Bray has more talent, but is too young &
dumb to be considered the best.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 07:31 AM   #102
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Trading: (17)
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

Garcia is killing us. We really have no other option though.
hammondc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:09 PM   #103
ir13
PSHC - T1nyH@

Trading: (44)
HUpmann
ir13 is a jewel in the roughir13 is a jewel in the roughir13 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammondc View Post
I think he should have put Shaw in after the second interception, it couldnt have got any worse.
The problem is Steve waits to damn long. Id rather give Shaw a chance after Gargia throws a couple of interceptions that let him continue to play terrible.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:21 PM   #104
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Wow, KILLING YOU?? Killing you straight to 4-0?? I'd hate to see what would happen if something
bad were to happen, lol. Of course I don't WATCH. I am guessing it's the suspense that is really
killing you guys.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:38 PM   #105
ir13
PSHC - T1nyH@

HUpmann
ir13 is a jewel in the roughir13 is a jewel in the roughir13 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
Wow, KILLING YOU?? Killing you straight to 4-0?? I'd hate to see what would happen if something
bad were to happen, lol. Of course I don't WATCH. I am guessing it's the suspense that is really
killing you guys.
4 Interceptions and holding them to 3 points was nerve wracking. They werent close interceptions either, you could tell when it left his hand bc it was such a terrible pass. I mean how many times do you have to throw into double and triple coverage and get picked before you know you cant do it.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:36 PM   #106
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Alright Bama boys, what y'all think about the upcoming game in the Swamp??

I don't know quite what to expect from my Gators Saturday, a lot of questions still to be answered. Haven't had to show a whole lot offensively or defensively thus far. I'm excited to see how effective Rainey is against y'alls D and if our stellar defensive line can step up.

I can guarantee it'll be an exciting game to watch
Old 09-27-2011, 02:38 PM   #107
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
killing you guys.
Ha ha. I see your point. I suppose it is the fact that the Gamecocks keep tripping over their own...well, cocks. I drives me nuts how unstoppable the team would be if they could just get some consistency.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:39 PM   #108
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFPowersmoker320 View Post

I don't know quite what to expect from my Gators Saturday, a lot of questions still to be answered. Haven't had to show a whole lot offensively or defensively thus far. I'm excited to see how effective Rainey is against y'alls D and if our stellar defensive line can step up.

Being a Gamecocks fan, I love it anytime Bama loses. Florida is the one exception. I hope Bama absolutely destroys the Gators. BIG TIME. I am talking something lopsided like 42-3.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:53 PM   #109
Powers

Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Quote:
Being a Gamecocks fan, I love it anytime Bama loses. Florida is the one exception. I hope Bama absolutely destroys the Gators. BIG TIME. I am talking something lopsided like 42-3.
Why the Gator hate, jealousy

I actually root for USC quite diligently since y'all got the ol' ball coach
Old 09-27-2011, 03:58 PM   #110
OLS
Suck It

Well I for one hope UF beats Bama. I like bama more than UF, we know this....but I do not seed bama breathing
down my neck all year. If I can notch their record a bit, I'd be happier. BUT to be fair, I think it stands to reason
that the winner of the BAMA LSU game will represent the SEC in the NCG, so I guess it's better to wait for that to have
a TRUE sense of pride. Sorry to forego the whole "everybody else in the SEC" problem with my statement/prediction.

I know I can't wait to watch. Hope it's on National FREE TV. I would not go to a bar to watch it and I have no cable.
Ahhha, CBS, excellent. I think Bama goes into the Swamp and beats the Gators...........sorry NEW FRIEND, lol.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:04 PM   #111
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:

Yes, Sir! Defense On Defense, Brother!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:05 PM   #112
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Well I for one hope UF beats Bama. I like bama more than UF, we know this....but I do not seed bama breathing
down my neck all year. If I can notch their record a bit, I'd be happier. BUT to be fair, I think it stands to reason
that the winner of the BAMA LSU game will represent the SEC in the NCG, so I guess it's better to wait for that to have
a TRUE sense of pride. Sorry to forego the whole "everybody else in the SEC" problem with my statement/prediction.

I know I can't wait to watch. Hope it's on National FREE TV. I would not go to a bar to watch it and I have no cable.
Ahhha, CBS, excellent. I think Bama goes into the Swamp and beats the Gators...........sorry NEW FRIEND, lol.
CBS 7P CST.
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:15 PM   #113
ir13
PSHC - T1nyH@

HUpmann

Ill be pulling for Bama. Rather play them in the SEC Championship as undefeated East vs Undefeated West.

I can dream right ?
Old 09-27-2011, 04:32 PM   #114
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Well I for one hope UF beats Bama. .
We agree on something, Brad.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:11 PM   #115
rizzle
Order Restored

Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

Well, I think it breaks down like this. Florida is going to have to make McCarron beat them to have a chance to win the game. I don’t know if he can do it, nobody does. But if Florida allows us to play our game, game over. A lot of factors working against us but this team has the chance to do something special. Saturday will probably be the toughest task we'll face all year even though they won't be the best team we'll face.
rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:32 AM   #116
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
We agree on something, Brad.

But, of course, I might be just a little biased, especially with the years invested there!!
Old 09-28-2011, 06:45 AM   #117
OLS
Suck It

OK, good midweek question..........Which team does the SEC insert into the East that gives the best balance?
"THEY" say it's now official, TX A&M is IN.
So................

Some people say Clemson is a no brainer, but I think being maybe the best ACC team is a spot you don't give up.
It DOES give USC the critical in-conference rivalry game I think they are lacking now, a la MSU/MISS, BAMA/AUBURN.
Mizzou I think is just outside the area of influence and stretches plausibility to me. I like Florida State for again, in conf-
erence balance lacking for UF now, although they play the Seminoles now anyway. I say bring that game into conference
play for a REALLY interesting matchup each year. VA Tech ain't going nowhere, What about the Ramblin Wreck?? Speaking of Techs....you could ALMOST make a case for LA tech, but they're not too East....
I also like Troy, but that'd be three Alabama teams. Tough call.

One thing I hate about TAM getting in, they are going to sew up a lot of recruits LSU is getting now, we are
just cleaning UP in TX today.

Last edited by OLS; 09-28-2011 at 06:57 AM.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:54 AM   #118
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Quote:
OK, good midweek question..........Which team does the SEC insert into the East that gives the best balance?
"THEY" say it's now official, TX A&M is IN.
So................

Some people say Clemson is a no brainer, but I think being maybe the best ACC team is a spot you don't give up.
It DOES give USC the critical in-conference rivalry game I think they are lacking now, a la MSU/MISS, BAMA/AUBURN.
Mizzou I think is just outside the area of influence and stretches plausibility to me. I like Florida State for again, in conf-
erence balance lacking for UF now, although they play the Seminoles now anyway. I say bring that game into conference
play for a REALLY interesting matchup each year. VA Tech ain't going nowhere, What about the Ramblin Wreck?? Speaking of Techs....you could ALMOST make a case for LA tech, but they're not too East....
I also like Troy, but that'd be three Alabama teams. Tough call.

One thing I hate about TAM getting in, they are going to sew up a lot of recruits LSU is getting now, we are
just cleaning UP in TX today.

You hit all three that I think would work, and all three would be good fit, in my opinion, with all three having chance for in-conference, in-state grudge matches! Clemson, Ga. Tech and Florida State! I could live with all three. I agree that Clemson might be hard to get right now. Florida State would be third on my list. Georgia Tech would probably be my first choice. And, I think it would trip the SEC's academic trigger as much as A&M (apparently) did. Besides, I'd love to see Georgia and Tech square off each year!
Old 09-28-2011, 12:25 PM   #119
Powers

Bolivar

I think Clemson would jump at the chance. Fans around here want it, but I believe Clemson is a founding member of the ACC, which makes it somewhat difficult. Don't forget also, Clemson and Georgia used to have a rivalry back in the day and they actually start a 1 and 1 next at Clemson.

The big question is, can the SEC handle one more school with orange as a prominent color
Old 09-28-2011, 03:16 PM   #120
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Quote:
I think Clemson would jump at the chance. Fans around here want it, but I believe Clemson is a founding member of the ACC, which makes it somewhat difficult. Don't forget also, Clemson and Georgia used to have a rivalry back in the day and they actually start a 1 and 1 next at Clemson.

The big question is, can the SEC handle one more school with orange as a prominent color
ewwwwwww!!! I hadn't thought about that!!