Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 09-30-2011, 07:52 AM   #141
rizzle
Order Restored

Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Official SEC Football Thread 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjirons69 View Post
Don't get arrested, Brad!

Hey, I know this is the SEC thread, but us Clemson folk have opinions.

USC hasn't covered but once this year (against UGA), so I'm again taking Auburn with 11.5. Spurrier is still the best quarterback on the team and he should play at least one quarter tomorrow. He better be looking ahead to next year and who is going to lead the team.

I agree if Bama can play the game they have in the book, they will stomp Florida, which is also fine with me. Key is no turnovers.

Depending on which Les Miles shows up, the 28.5 spread is causing me some worry. I think I'll take them anyway, as Kentucky is not firing on all cylinders this year.

One would hope UGA cover cover 8.5 with Miss St. I betting on it. They'll be between the hedges, so that should give them more confidence.

I'm also taking my Tigers at +7.5. A victory will be sweet for the Tiger Nation who have suffered much inconsistency over the past years.

Go Orange (the Real one)!!!

Ok, I'll share the flag site for all you SEC fans!
http://ideaspot.net/flags/SEC/small/small.html
We'll consider you about 1/2 SEC, Jamie. Good to see you around , brother, and good luck this weekend. Your Tigers made me do a little happy dance a couple weeks ago. I'm not sure I like all your picks this weekend, but hey, I went 2-8 last weekend in my pool and 1-1 with the bookie. I think I'll stick with my day job, which ain't much better.
rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:07 AM   #142
jjirons69
Haberdasher

First Name: Jamie
Trading: (94)
LGC
jjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzle View Post
We'll consider you about 1/2 SEC, Jamie. Good to see you around , brother, and good luck this weekend. Your Tigers made me do a little happy dance a couple weeks ago. I'm not sure I like all your picks this weekend, but hey, I went 2-8 last weekend in my pool and 1-1 with the bookie. I think I'll stick with my day job, which ain't much better.
Some weeks I do the George Castanza - I make my picks then submit the opposites. Either way I'm 10-10.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:42 AM   #143
ir13
PSHC - T1nyH@

Trading: (44)
HUpmann
ir13 is a jewel in the roughir13 is a jewel in the roughir13 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Don't get arrested, Brad!

Hey, I know this is the SEC thread, but us Clemson folk have opinions.

USC hasn't covered but once this year (against UGA), so I'm again taking Auburn with 11.5. Spurrier is still the best quarterback on the team and he should play at least one quarter tomorrow. He better be looking ahead to next year and who is going to lead the team.

I agree if Bama can play the game they have in the book, they will stomp Florida, which is also fine with me. Key is no turnovers.

Depending on which Les Miles shows up, the 28.5 spread is causing me some worry. I think I'll take them anyway, as Kentucky is not firing on all cylinders this year.

One would hope UGA cover cover 8.5 with Miss St. I betting on it. They'll be between the hedges, so that should give them more confidence.

I'm also taking my Tigers at +7.5. A victory will be sweet for the Tiger Nation who have suffered much inconsistency over the past years.

Go Orange (the Real one)!!!
Carolina didnt cover against UGA, they did cover the spread against Vandy though.

Last edited by ir13; 09-30-2011 at 08:56 AM.
ir13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:16 AM   #144
jjirons69
Haberdasher

LGC
jjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ir13 View Post
Carolina didnt cover against UGA, they did cover the spread against Vandy though.
Doesn't matter, they're just like Notre Dame - no matter how you bet, you lose! Hope you enjoy that plugged Lusi during the Florida/Bama game!
Old 09-30-2011, 12:16 PM   #145
rizzle
Order Restored

Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

Scored some tix. Headed to Hogtown tomorrow. Roll Tide!
Old 09-30-2011, 06:31 PM   #146
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo.

Jordan Jefferson had his charges reduced to misdemeanor simple battery and was
re-instated to the LSU Tiger roster.

Now thankfully, Jarrett lee has played SO WELL that surely he is the starter EVERY
SATURDAY, but I know Les Miles, and if he wants to mix it up and give the defense
something different to react to, he will put JJ in the game....and for the first time
in 4 weeks, I will once again feel like at any time, LSU could lose a football game.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 02:00 PM   #147
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Trading: (17)
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

My prediction:

Go Gators!
Old 10-01-2011, 02:30 PM   #148
SmokeHustler

Auburn vs South Carolina....lil late but my money's on the safe bet. Auburn all the way. 7th time is not the charm for the Gamecocks.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:13 PM   #149
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

That's a Crocodile, Michael, hahahahaha.

WHEW LSU lets Jordan Jefferson handle the ball and they still win. Got a lot of kids into the ball game in preps for
the TOUGH Gators.
Man, NOW I see what you SC fans are all upset about. That's harder to watch than the LSU teams of yore.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:35 PM   #150
Fordman4ever
Redneck driving a ricer!!

First Name: Earl
Trading: (26)
HUpmann AirForce (Active)
Fordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the rough

The ending to the Auburn game was ridiculous. There was still 2 seconds left on the clock.
Fordman4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 06:01 PM   #151
OLS
Suck It

There is always a "continuation" with human referrees and clock operators. It was a stupid passing decision to
throw to that receiver at that spot on the field with that little time on the clock. Plain and Simple. If you are
going to do that stupid kind of thing, you make up your mind and throw the ball quickly, down yourself quicker,
and hurry to the line for the FEW ticks you have left after the chains move and get another pass.
Just another of the bad decisions Garcia and the Ole' ball Coach made on the day. When he called that last time
out I almost came out of my skin. You spike the ball. You don't have TIME for four downs, who cares if you lose one.
but a LOT of stuff happens really fast. It happens to everyone.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:46 AM   #152
jjirons69
Haberdasher

LGC

Exactly, Brad. They shouldn't have put themselves in that predicament to start with. Spurrier should have told them in the time out - no longer than a 3 count before passing and hit the deck when you catch it. Breaks my heart none, though!
Old 10-02-2011, 11:37 AM   #153
OLS
Suck It

That's it in a nutshell. I take nothing away from Spurrier and his team, EVERYONE makes bad decisions now
and again. In our frame by frame slo-mo, after-the-fact, internet pundit world, it's far too easy to pick apart the
decisions.....BUT, they were BAD DECISIONS. Dropped a bomb on the East, though. Opened it up like a watermelon
hitting a sidewalk. I see new hope for a few teams.
Old 10-02-2011, 12:45 PM   #154
Powers

Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Hats off to my Bama brothers, y'all looked really good. Gators didn't look particularly bad, y'all just out muscled us in every position. Dissapointed that our D line didn't impact the game as much as I thought they would but impressed at the Gator passing attack. Ironically, our passing (which I thought would be our weakness) was much better than our running game (which I thought would be our strength). To sum up, I don't think Florida is a bad team, we just are not an elite team yet, which Bama clearly is

But this is a young and talented Gator team that will learn from it and get better
Bring on #1 LSU in Baton Rogue
Old 10-02-2011, 02:59 PM   #155
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFPowersmoker320 View Post
Hats off to my Bama brothers, y'all looked really good. Gators didn't look particularly bad, y'all just out muscled us in every position. Dissapointed that our D line didn't impact the game as much as I thought they would but impressed at the Gator passing attack. Ironically, our passing (which I thought would be our weakness) was much better than our running game (which I thought would be our strength). To sum up, I don't think Florida is a bad team, we just are not an elite team yet, which Bama clearly is

But this is a young and talented Gator team that will learn from it and get better
Good Game, Mike! Might Have Been Closer With Your Starting QB In The Game. BAMA Has A Chip On Their Shoulder This Year, So I Hope They Have A Good Chance At The National Championship. Go Gators & Clobber LSU!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:52 AM   #156
rizzle
Order Restored

Bolivar

Well, finally got to see a Bama win in the swamp. I missed the '99 game because a buddy of mine (who is a gator alum) was getting married that day in Atlanta. I was there back in 90 or 91 when we just got rolled, and I was ther for the last go round in '06, I believe, when we had a chance coming out of halftime but just couldn't stop them. We left no doubt Saturday night.

Oddly enough, I heard a stat that coming into that game we were actually 7-2 against UF in the swamp, and here I am going, damn, why is it every time I show up we lose? No more.

And I gotta say, when you put the females of UF and Bama together, wow. Make a man write bad checks.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:33 AM   #157
Powers

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzle View Post
Well, finally got to see a Bama win in the swamp. I missed the '99 game because a buddy of mine (who is a gator alum) was getting married that day in Atlanta. I was there back in 90 or 91 when we just got rolled, and I was ther for the last go round in '06, I believe, when we had a chance coming out of halftime but just couldn't stop them. We left no doubt Saturday night.

Oddly enough, I heard a stat that coming into that game we were actually 7-2 against UF in the swamp, and here I am going, damn, why is it every time I show up we lose? No more.

And I gotta say, when you put the females of UF and Bama together, wow. Make a man write bad checks.
Aldrin, Kevin and I were there in '06 as well, who knows you might have walked past a drunken redhead and two Asians coming out of the student section; hopefully with some aforementioned Florida coeds

I've been to Baton Rogue twice and next on my list for SEC stadiums is Bryant-Denny
Old 10-03-2011, 05:29 PM   #158
OLS
Suck It

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFPowersmoker320 View Post
Boy they're gonna learn this weekend alright. I hope that that new QB pays close attention to his
coaches this week. He is going to be forced into a ton of mistakes as it is. I want him to play well.
He looks as if he has some skills.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:35 PM   #159
jjirons69
Haberdasher

LGC

Looks like the Ol' Ball Coach is putting Garcia on the bench. I hope he gets his 5th year degree. He's gonna need it.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:27 AM   #160
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Looks like the Ol' Ball Coach is putting Garcia on the bench. I hope he gets his 5th year degree. He's gonna need it.
No kidding. I was so relieved to hear this today. I was out of town and did not watch that clusterfark of a game vs Auburn. I do not know what happened to Garcia, but he is just simply terrible this year. I do not see how Shaw cannot do any worse. They need to get him in sometime anyway. It makes me sick how they are throwing away chances with all that talent on the team.
hammondc is offline   Reply With Quote