Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 10-04-2011, 07:41 AM   #161
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Trading: (17)
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all
Default Re: Official SEC Football Thread 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammondc View Post
No kidding. I was so relieved to hear this today. I was out of town and did not watch that clusterfark of a game vs Auburn. I do not know what happened to Garcia, but he is just simply terrible this year. I do not see how Shaw cannot do any worse. They need to get him in sometime anyway. It makes me sick how they are throwing away chances with all that talent on the team.
I honestly think Garcia does not care about football enough to put in the work required. He obviously does not train enough, study film enough, or the playbook enough. He has not improved, perhaps regressed even, in several years.

I hate to say it, as much as I like Spurrier, but I think Auburn is a poor team this year. I'm picking them to lose at least four more games (Ark, UF, LSU, Bama) and maybe five playing at Georgia. To have a chance in the SEC you gotta beat the teams u're supposed to and USC couldn't do it Saturday

Old 10-04-2011, 07:57 AM   #162
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

I think Garcia progressed up to last year. He has taken leaps backwards this year. These are freshmen mistakes he is making. Auburn does suck this year. That should have been a huge win, not a stupid loss. I am not giving up on the boys yet. We will have to see what Shaw can do. If he can keep it together and the O-line can get him some time, I think they will recover. THis BS of handing to to Lattimore very play has got to stop. A short pass here and there plus a deep ball a couple time a quarter to Alshon plus Lattimore on the ground should keep the ball moving.

I am also curious to see what this Damiere Byrd kid can do with a QB that does not throw all INTs.
hammondc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:56 PM   #163
ir13
PSHC - T1nyH@

Trading: (44)
HUpmann
ir13 is a jewel in the roughir13 is a jewel in the roughir13 is a jewel in the rough

Im happy with the annoucement to bench Garcia, we have to use Shaw at QB next year and Garcia is preforming terribly so why no put him in, to at the very worst get him the experience under pressure.

Plus as others have said, he cant preform worse than Garcia has been.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:07 PM   #164
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ir13 View Post
Im happy with the annoucement to bench Garcia, we have to use Shaw at QB next year and Garcia is preforming terribly so why no put him in, to at the very worst get him the experience under pressure.

Plus as others have said, he cant preform worse than Garcia has been.
100% how I feel. I think he will be fine. There is a lot of 'excitement' about his lackluster performance at the ECU game. I do not see a repeat of that performance.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:08 PM   #165
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

It has taken me a couple of days to get over that a** whippin' that Bama put on us, but congrats to Greg and Ritchie. I will dang sure be pullin' for Bama in the west. Hopefully, we can do our part and take care of HellSU this weekend.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:07 AM   #166
jjirons69
Haberdasher

First Name: Jamie
Trading: (94)
LGC
jjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to behold

Struggling with USC vs Kentucky with 19.5 points. Kentucky isn't that good, but for every score they put up Carolina has to keep that 20 point buffer. Want to side with Kentucky, but they've let me down all season. Don't know which Shaw shows up.

Also the UGA and Tenn game with UGA favored by 1.5. Tenn is at home, but they have been hit or miss, as have UGA. My first inclination says go with UGA. Just might do that.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:20 AM   #167
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjirons69 View Post
Struggling with USC vs Kentucky with 19.5 points. Kentucky isn't that good, but for every score they put up Carolina has to keep that 20 point buffer. Want to side with Kentucky, but they've let me down all season. Don't know which Shaw shows up.

Also the UGA and Tenn game with UGA favored by 1.5. Tenn is at home, but they have been hit or miss, as have UGA. My first inclination says go with UGA. Just might do that.
I'm staying clear of the UGA v UT game but I'm leaning towards the spread w/Kentucky
Old 10-07-2011, 10:59 AM   #168
theycallmedan'lboone

I'm not sure how bad Auburn is going to lose to Arkansas... any thoughts?
Old 10-07-2011, 05:12 PM   #169
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

I think that as bad as Garcia looked this past weekend, and it was apalling, he is suffering the same fate as
Jarrett Lee last weekend, a TON OF DROPS. I thought he looked great in broken plays running the ball, threw a
few nice passes that should have been caught...but I agree, you can see a lack of film study and a lack of field
vision at this level of experience. The game should be slowed way down for his brain, and it still looks like he
can't see the field at all. Looking for a much better outing for LSU this weekend at home, sorry Gator fans,
we'd all like your starting QB in there this week, but I bet he is secretly THRILLED to be sitting. The new guy
looks REALLY CAPABLE, so this looks a bit like a trap to me, but LSU escapes, 45-23.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 06:50 PM   #170
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by theycallmedan'lboone View Post
I'm not sure how bad Auburn is going to lose to Arkansas... any thoughts?
Auburn Always Lucks Out. They'll Beat Arkansas.
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 06:51 PM   #171
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator View Post
It has taken me a couple of days to get over that a** whippin' that Bama put on us, but congrats to Greg and Ritchie. I will dang sure be pullin' for Bama in the west. Hopefully, we can do our part and take care of HellSU this weekend.
Thanks, Brent. Beat LSU, Brother!
Old 10-08-2011, 07:51 AM   #172
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

Partagas

Oh yeah!!!! Game day!
Old 10-08-2011, 10:26 AM   #173
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Ahh, Greg, you are so funny..............
Old 10-08-2011, 10:52 AM   #174
OLS
Suck It

SC looks game today.
Old 10-08-2011, 03:38 PM   #175
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

Partagas

Well. Shaw looked fantastic. I am not sure if it actually his playing ability or the fact that Kentucky really sucks. Overall a great game, but they really need to control the penalties.
Old 10-08-2011, 04:12 PM   #176
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
Ahh, Greg, you are so funny..............
Hey, Brad, I Can Dream!
Old 10-08-2011, 05:57 PM   #177
OLS
Suck It

Coupla teams looked good today, even FLAs defense woke up. A couple times anyway.
I saw a good showing by the Gamecocks, some say KY ain't much, but no matter the
opponent, recognizing open receivers and having those recs catch the ball was a good start.
WEIRD the Tigers not playng at night, tho. Speaking of Tigers, we need CLEMSON in the SEC EAST.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:58 AM   #178
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

Congrats on the win Brad!!
Old 10-09-2011, 06:49 AM   #179
OLS
Suck It

Naturally my reply is I didn't win ANYTHING, lol, but since I am nearly on an island here with my fan-dom,
(except for Silound who doesn't seem to post in this thread) I guess I will accept credit on behalf of the
No.1 team in football, hehe. Now I guess no one will have much to make of that til the Bama game. Just like
my feelings going into the Saints-Colts Super Bowl, I have no doubt that the LA boys will come out on top.
I just KNOW it....it's pre-destined. You'll see. Everything on paper says otherwise. But I have a feeling.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:13 AM   #180
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

I just wanted to pop in and say I am OK.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote