Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 05-06-2015, 11:50 AM   #1
Brian D.
Have My Own Room

First Name: Brian
Trading: (1)
Brian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: First Firearms II

Glock model 43 is a single column 9mm. A bit bigger than the G42 in .380, but closer to it in size than any of their other (double stack) offerings.

Guy at the range let me try out his model 43 last week. Very comparable to the 9mm S&W Shield in handling, recoil, etc. as you might expect.
Old 05-07-2015, 04:55 AM   #2
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

First Name: Boffa
Trading: (48)
Partagas
HK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian D. View Post
Glock model 43 is a single column 9mm. A bit bigger than the G42 in .380, but closer to it in size than any of their other (double stack) offerings.

Guy at the range let me try out his model 43 last week. Very comparable to the 9mm S&W Shield in handling, recoil, etc. as you might expect.
I just pulled it up online. Smart idea to do the single stack. Is that Glocks first attempt at doing a single stack design?
HK3- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 10:54 AM   #3
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK3- View Post
I just pulled it up online. Smart idea to do the single stack. Is that Glocks first attempt at doing a single stack design?
Nah. The 36 I believe is a single stack .45 ACP. I think that was their first.
Old 05-07-2015, 02:01 PM   #4
Brian D.
Have My Own Room

First Name: Brian
Trading: (1)
Brian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah but the G36 is almost as chunky as the double column G30. Both are in .45acp by the way.

And yes emo the G42 is a single stack .380. I have one and rather like it. However it cried out for "pinky" extension floor plates on the magazines. For me it made the gun a ton more shootable but still fits in a front pocket.

I've only once laid eyes on and handled the legally-very-hard-to-import Model 28, a double column .380. It is the same size as the models 26 and 27, as best I remember.
Old 05-07-2015, 02:50 PM   #5
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

First Name: Horatio Seymore Hiny
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
Blueface has disabled reputation

I love my Shield which is what I think this Glock will be like in size but do love the way Glocks perform also and what the heck, who can ever have too many guns?