Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 11-12-2011, 04:07 PM   #341
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation
Default Re: Official SEC Football Thread 2011

It is difficult to cut and paste parts of threads on the phone. And I'm in woods, headed out on foot from hunting.

How about saying I need to change prescriptions? How about multiple direct references to me personally?

Why is it, that stating my opinion about your team (not about you, there IS a difference) is an attack on you? Anyone that disliked LSU automatically attacks you? Come on Brad. I could easily have attacked your opinions, instead of simply stating my opinions. That IS NOT the same thing as all the direct references to me, and how my opinions are wrong because they are negative towards LSU. Opinions are personal. Attack me all you want. It still does not change the FACTS that LSU players have some major character issues that have gone unpunished, all in the name of winning. Again, the facts are facts, and stating them does not make that an attack against you. It IS an attack against LSU. Difference.
Old 11-12-2011, 04:07 PM   #342
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Wow, this is almost the same as what happened with Rizzle. You make arguments that have nothing to do with
the point. Maybe I do the same thing, who knows. I am not upset about Saban being at Alabama. I don't care
where you guys got him. I am saying that teams that believe in Win At Any Cost pay a coach more than any coach
in history to that point. That's my point. I don't care why you hired him, that's for the board of whatevers to decide.

As for players that are "bad apples" or whatever term you might want to use, again, I am not saying that there
are specific players, the point I am making, and likely made elsewhere is that you guys go for the top recruits and you
get a lot of em. I doubt you do an exhaustive background check. Every team in the highest level of NCAA success likely
has a statistically accurate sample of players, good character and low character. I don't claim we are better than
anyone else at the top. I am just saying there is no way in hell that UA has only the good boys. That's naive and
ridiculous. And how perfectly can I make my point? Thank you Jerry Sandusky. Penn St. has never had a HINT of
trouble with the NCAA, and has been held up for DECADES as being the best of the best in how to do it right. I am guessing
I don't have to remind you what is going on up there right now.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 04:15 PM   #343
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

On to SEC action. Texting with my daughter about chili recipes, she tells me that since I left to go hunting, Auburn's QB has not looked good, and that Auburn is not (apparently) going to be the one to upset Georgia's applecart.

Oh well. That's the way the ball fumbles!

Now I've argued about LSU so long, I have to hike out of the woods in the dark. Without a flashlight. Thank goodness for iPhone apps! Flashlight uploading.
Old 11-12-2011, 04:16 PM   #344
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvilleKid View Post
It is difficult to cut and paste parts of threads on the phone. And I'm in woods, headed out on foot from hunting.

How about saying I need to change prescriptions? How about multiple direct references to me personally?

Why is it, that stating my opinion about your team (not about you, there IS a difference) is an attack on you? Anyone that disliked LSU automatically attacks you? .
WHOA,, WHOA, WHOA, wait a minute. I don't think you are attacking me. Where are you getting this stuff?
Yes, you said derogatory things about my team, I refuted them. I did not do it gently enough for you I guess,
given the recent whipping your team got, I should have been more sensitive.

Check your prescription? That is an attack? It's a joke about your inability to see, or apparently to even
LOOK at the tape after the fact. Or maybe to SEE what it SHOWS. The tape is absolutely clear in what it
shows, an interception.

My multiple direct references to you stem from you being the single person today who is making multiple
wild statements about drugs and misbehavior. You want me to speak to the wall? I could care less
personally about what the players at LSU get caught doing. I am not holding them up as choir boys,
cause it's football. Again, they're kids...AND athletes. I am not attacking you. I am looking at your
post and tearing it apart logically. This is a discussion forum. Most of what you say is actually indefensible
and I am pulling it apart to show you where you are wrong. You can do the same to me, I could care less.
You mis-interpret what I said. I don't feel attacked in the slightest. I have nothing against you whatsoever.
You being wrong is not a character flaw.
Old 11-12-2011, 04:28 PM   #345
OLS
Suck It

By "wild statements" by the way, I am saying that your 'rant' is full of sarcasm and hyperbole, I get that. Mine too.
I am not saying you have no right to spout off about moral fiber and bring your own upbringing into
it as if it has anything to do with the LSU players or the bama team for that matter. I didn't even comment when you
made a reference to an ex-serviceman being beaten, all on Veterans Day weekend. I am guessing that all Marines
in bars are choirboys, too and would never provoke a famous black athlete? Did you know that the Marine in question
has a criminal record? Does it matter? I know you have made a few attempts to get back to football in this thread,
and that is fine. But it was not me that brought up all this bad person business tonight. I only reacted to it.
You can't expect me to see it any other way, actually. You would not be the first UA fan that has popped in here
in a very pi$$ed off mood after the loss and said bad things about the Tigers. The ONLY thing that fired me up about
your entire post was the 'they're bad, we're good' angle that I see as grossly naive and stinks of sour grapes.
Old 11-12-2011, 04:35 PM   #346
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

I wonder if there is an entertaining game on that I can watch while I clean and put up these squirrels? The auburn game has lost all appeal, unless I want to count how many times Auburn can drop or turn the ball over. I still think there must be hog lard or something slippery on that ball!

I see that Tenn/Ark is on. Not really that big on either team, so nothing invested there. But maybe it will be better ball play than the Auburn game. Will have to see.

Oh my goodness. Did I hear that Tennessee is looking for it's first SEC win? I all the sudden have the feeling this game may be as one-sided as the Auburn game! Time to look for other possibilities before I get my hands covered in squirrel guts and blood (yum yum)!
Old 11-12-2011, 04:38 PM   #347
OLS
Suck It

And in summary, all you have to DO is read post #332 to see why my posts contain direct references to you.
You hold that up as a main point about my insulting, sorry, attacking you. Come on, really? You say that
you went to great lengths NOT TO ATTACK ME, but you are quoting me directly as the source of your rant.
I do not mistake a rant for an attack, just telling you where you are wrong. And believe me, I will NEVER state
to anyone in this thread, OR this forum that I feel they are attacking me. People are free to say & think what they will
of me and my opinions. But I am not lying down and just letting them state things as if their word is the end all be all.
I think it is funny that Rizzle thinks that discussing this with me is like talking to his 2 year old. I am fine with Rizzle,
even if he hates my guts. I like him.

But to you and all your fellow football fans, I am sorry if I offended any of you and that I am so forceful in stating my
conflicting opinions. Hell I'm lucky, WE WON THE GAME.
-----------------------
EDIT: Sorry, I forgot to fully cover over that Saban wound. I love Les Miles, I am not upset that Saban is at bama.
I wish him luck as do all LSU fans. I think you actually thought that I am bitter about that. Again, I am just saying
paying him 3 or 4 million a year is WIN AT ANY COST. i am not even saying that is bad. I am just saying that remark
by you regarding WAAC is a little pot/kettle. There was no reference to 'cheating" from me for paying a coach top dollar.
Les Miles is paid top dollar, too. It's called Win At Any Cost.

Last edited by OLS; 11-12-2011 at 04:52 PM.
Old 11-12-2011, 04:51 PM   #348
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Not sure if I understood all I just saw on that Arkansas punt return!!
Old 11-12-2011, 04:56 PM   #349
OLS
Suck It

I had no idea that the LSU QB Jefferson was accused of beating a ex-Marine. But someone here told us about that tonight.
And on Veterans Day besides...Shame on jordan Jefferson, beating such a innocent young man.

http://theadvocate.com/news/678895-6...t-accused.html

http://outkickthecoverage.com/andrew...al-history.php

http://deadspin.com/5834470/there-ar...in-baton-rouge
Old 11-12-2011, 05:00 PM   #350
OLS
Suck It

By the way, you can watch alabama versus Mississippi State here:
http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index/_...type/upcoming/
Old 11-12-2011, 05:15 PM   #351
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Well, it looks like Arkansas has this game well in hand! Maybe time to watch a saved show until Bama game comes on! Denise Johnson sure can kick it into high gear when he has open field in front of him!
Old 11-12-2011, 05:39 PM   #352
rizzle
Order Restored

Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

LSU bleauxs.
rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 05:50 PM   #353
OLS
Suck It

Haha, I was gonna stop, but I had to come back from that one, Rizzle, lol. LSU must certainly BLEAUX from where
you sit. I was gonna tell Kid that you had called me rambling, incoherent, incessant, ill-informed and assinine all in
one post (297) and I didn't feel insulted. Honestly. Truthfully with no sarcasm.
I understand different people are different, but I thought saying I attacked him was innaccurate. But there is
no point in making this go on longer, I just found that funny, Rizzle. The only thing at the core of all of the things
I said was this singular point. There were weeks and weeks of Bama fans here saying that LSU had no shot, and after
the LSU win, not one single sincere 'congratulations' from any of you. I got a grudgingly sincere one out of longknocker,
but you and Kid came in griping about what should have been. Fair, sure, but in my opinion, poor sportsmanship.
But I know the loss hurts and I know the win was imperfect at best. I just found it interesting in a place with
such percieved gentlemanship, the same referenced by the Kid when he said I owed him an apology, that not one of you
came in for the "good game' hand slap after the game or even the next morning. As you guys are fond of saying..."I'm Just Sayin".
Old 11-12-2011, 06:46 PM   #354
Scothew
CA Scott #2658

First Name: Scott
Trading: (5)
Partagas
Scothew will become famous soon enoughScothew will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammondc View Post
Good pick Brad. SC pulled off their end of the deal. Now...I need Auburn to come through for me.
Talk about a let down

Bráithreachas Thar Gach Ní
Scothew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 06:51 PM   #355
OLS
Suck It

That hurt to watch. I thought that UGA was about level with Auburn, to tell you the truth, but Richt must be feeling
that old pressure bearing down on him and lit a fire under his boys. Just an ugly, ugly thing to see happen. Sorry bout
that one, Scott.
What really hurts is watching MSU make dumb mistake after dumb mistake in a game versus UA that they
KNOW they have to be perfect in. Oh crap, Dylan Favre is in, lol. Painful watching them try to move the ball.
Arhg, the pull the only QB that's moving the ball......
And they replace him with a man who throws a 3rd down into the dirt at no one.

Last edited by OLS; 11-12-2011 at 07:02 PM.
Old 11-12-2011, 06:59 PM   #356
Scothew
CA Scott #2658

First Name: Scott
Trading: (5)
Partagas
Scothew will become famous soon enoughScothew will become famous soon enough

Yeah to go from such a high last year with a perfect season to go to now 6-4 and just looking like on a quick slope downhill, its hurting.

Bráithreachas Thar Gach Ní
Scothew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 07:19 PM   #357
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scothew View Post
Yeah to go from such a high last year with a perfect season to go to now 6-4 and just looking like on a quick slope downhill, its hurting.
On a positive note, I would think they should finish with a winning season. I'm assuming they can beat Samford at JH. Bama is anybody's guess. It always depends on which teams show up, regardless of anything that has happened before in the season.

It appears that Tennessee STILL is winless in the SEC. Talk about a falling program!
Old 11-15-2011, 05:05 PM   #358
OLS
Suck It

All your team are belong to LSU.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:43 PM   #359
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Trading: (17)
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

My Gators are hurtin', but we'll be bowl eligible once we beat Furman!

Old 11-17-2011, 06:46 PM   #360
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powers View Post
My Gators are hurtin', but we'll be bowl eligible once we beat Furman!

As i said, as a life long UGA fan I ALMOST feel sorry for the gaytors.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote