Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-27-2023, 06:22 PM   #1
blugill
Feeling at Home

First Name: Andy
Trading: (10)
blugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of light
Default What A Ride!

So today my oldest daughter turned 29. Proud as can be! Makes me reflective. Some of the best times I can remember were on this board with all the brotherly banter and advice. So here is where I am now. In 2018 my union changed the pension plan and took away the 30 and out option unless you retire by a certain date and then you'll get your full pension as promised.

I qualified for that option by three months. So I took it and I've been figuring out things ever since. Last week I figured out I wasn't "institutionalized" anymore like Brooks was in Shawshank. I retired in October of 21 and it took from then to last week to figure that out. I had the same job and almost the same daily routine for 30 years. I painted the same parts on the same jets the same colors for 30 years with barely any deviation.

It's a shock to the system. So now I gig drive in the mornings and I am translating my painting skills into a hobby that will hopefully perpetuate itself.

Years ago this board did me a huge kindness and I received the largest cigar bomb probably ever in the history of this board! I'm here to repay that kindness and here's how I can do that. I bought a 3D printer and I love making statues, figures, whatever I find on CGTrader.com and I print it and paint it and if I can't find it, I'll work with an artist and make it! That's the beauty! You can make anything! I can paint literally anything that moves in any style that would make it awesome! From a SoCal Lowrider to a 777 Dreamliner but this is a brand new style I'm learning.

So here's the deal, I make imperfect art until I get my skills commanded enough to get much better at it! But for anyone that kicked in on that cigar bomb years ago, and I trust whoever you may be that asks. If you email me, we can figure out something for me to make you. I'll make it and get it to you!

I might need a bit of help with shipping costs or something but I'm legit. Anyone that's interacted with me should know. I'll record the painting process and make a youtube video of it! Then you'll have an original handmade piece of art, I'll be able to keep my hobby going, and we'll both have a long lasting keepsake of it!

I've already started with family and friends but I'm almost done with them. So if you'd like to check out my youtube channel, I'm RetJetPainter. My contact email is there in the About part.

I'm really looking forward to working with all of you and repaying the kindness. you did for me! All while I navigate this very weird world of retirement!