Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-15-2012, 03:45 PM   #17
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Tebow Thread, lol

I should have said "NFL quarterback" there, Tom. The kid's work ethic is second to none, and he's got a real low bar to crawl over in New York. If there's a place for him to become an NFL quarterback, New York is it.
Looking back at the Manningathon, Peyton is the best thing that's ever happened to Tim. Or you could say Andrew Luck is the best thing that's ever happened to Tim.
He's going to get yet ANOTHER opportunity to get some starts under his belt, and plain and simple, he puts asses in seats (not the the Jets need that, but he's not going to harm the draw, and he'll put asses in seats at opponent's stadiums.) He's gonna sell some jerseys, and when he finds his favorite receivers, those jerseys will sell, etc...

If he Tebows the Jets to the playoffs and produces another first round win, he's going to build even that much more credibility. Put the projected starts, wins, playoff wins, pleasing personality, media favorite, and everything else together, and you have your new Broadway Joe, except with less cockyness and Tim probably won't have as much fun as Joe.
He's a nice fit for the Jets if that all pans out, and the stage is set. It's Tebow's job to take. I can't see one single negative for him being in New York, and can't think of a better fit.
Oh, and I'd like to go on record as saying "Wildcat my ass." I'll believe that when I see it. Maybe Tim will relieve Sanchez in the red zone, but to spot in when they run wildcat? Really? Maybe I just have such a hard time believing it because I heard it coming out of Rex Ryan's mouth and his lips were moving.