Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 04-11-2010, 06:13 AM   #81
mad4maduro
The Original CIGARtist

First Name: Eric
Trading: (0)
mad4maduro is on a distinguished road
Default Re: CAO Reviews?

oh boy...CAO - I am a huge fan. In my personal experience, one of the most consistent brands out there. Brazilia remains my favorite line - I am partial to a spicy, peppery full bodied smoke that bites my lips before I even bring flame to foot. mmmmmmm...Brazilia Samba....Also, if I am in the mood for something more mellow, the Gold is very good (not especially multi-dimensional but yummy nonetheless) and the Criollo is buttery smooth and mild (love these). Back to the more bold - I enjoy the Sopranos line - the new LaTriviata is a good solid smoke that is not as spicy and bold as the Brazilia or Sopranos but sort of middle of the road in that regard - Another very good smoke......anyhow....bottom line - although some are a bit overpriced (imo) - CAO is one my favorite domestic smokes. Smoke on, my friend
Old 04-15-2010, 09:46 PM   #82
Mpython24

Hey Guys. Does anyone know if the Lx2s tend to be a little dry or not? I have a couple that just feel really hard.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:36 PM   #83
Knip23
Keep It Simple

First Name: Destrey
Trading: (10)
HUpmann Army (Active)
Knip23 is on a distinguished road

CAO Italia is by far the best i think nice flavor all the way through very smooth. CAO Sapranos would never buy again was a waste of 13 bucks HORRIBLE
Old 04-16-2010, 05:39 AM   #84
macpappy
Rider on the storm.

Cohiba CoastGuard (Retired)
macpappy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpython24 View Post
Hey Guys. Does anyone know if the Lx2s tend to be a little dry or not? I have a couple that just feel really hard.
I've had about 10 or 12 LX2's. Haven't noticed the problem. I keep them stored at 65RH.

I still like the MX2s also.

Haven't tried some of the others because of the prices.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:19 AM   #85
Nurse_Maduro

I like the L'Anniversaire Maduro, CX2 and MX2 quite a bit. The MX2's need time in the humi before you smoke 'em, though.

I have a bunch of the World Selection sticks I haven't smoked yet, along with a really cool (and rare) CAO Columbia Escaparate that a buddy of mine gifted me. This summer, I think I'm going to have a CAO week.

Last edited by Nurse_Maduro; 04-16-2010 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Added the CX2
Old 04-16-2010, 10:16 AM   #86
Mpython24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurse_Maduro View Post
This summer, I think I'm going to have a CAO week.
That is a great idea! I had an Italia the other night, really enjoyed it. I think a CAO is defiantly in the works for tonight at some point. Gold Maduro or an Lx2...
Old 04-16-2010, 10:24 AM   #87
Nurse_Maduro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpython24 View Post
That is a great idea! I had an Italia the other night, really enjoyed it. I think a CAO is defiantly in the works for tonight at some point. Gold Maduro or an Lx2...
Hmm...how about a CAO International week, with a different beer (or ale) paired with the same country's cigar?

I wish we lived closer; this has tremendous herf potential!
Old 04-16-2010, 10:27 AM   #88
Mpython24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurse_Maduro View Post
Hmm...how about a CAO International week, with a different beer (or ale) paired with the same country's cigar?

I wish we lived closer; this has tremendous herf potential!
now you got me thinking. That would be an epic week for me. I'll be in Pennsylvania during the summer months.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:30 AM   #89
Nurse_Maduro

PM me when you get close; maybe we can figure something out.

And to keep this on topic, the CAO L'Anniversaire Maduro I'm smoking right now is tasty, but it's dumping ash like crazy. I think it's a bit underhumidified, though.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:51 AM   #90
mad4maduro
The Original CIGARtist

First Name: Eric
mad4maduro is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knip23 View Post
CAO Italia is by far the best i think nice flavor all the way through very smooth. CAO Sapranos would never buy again was a waste of 13 bucks HORRIBLE
Good call - I have had mostly great experiences w/ Sopranos myself BUT i would never spend 13 bucks on one. I am one of those smokers that have found PLENTY of great smokes for well under 13 bucks and will likely not be spending 13 bucks on a stick anytime in the near future given the tremendous quality available to me for less. I have smoked expensive cigars and have gifted them to others and will occasionally splurge i am sure...but not on a Soprano!
Old 04-24-2010, 12:12 PM   #91
Mpython24

CAO Lx2 last night. Very very very good.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:19 AM   #92
cigarz

If you like the Gold, I think you will like the CX2. Not that strong (I'm a mild-medium kinda' guy) and I like Cameroon.

My anyway.

Mike