Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 10-29-2009, 07:14 AM   #1
e-man67
Big Drunkin Monkey!!

First Name: Eric
Trading: (29)
PL
e-man67 has a spectacular aura aboute-man67 has a spectacular aura aboute-man67 has a spectacular aura about
Default Saw the Misfits this week!

I got to see the Misfits Tuesday night which was great! It was like a time warp back to my younger days. I even got in the pit with my 40 year old brother in law (it was a riot, much beer involved). My ears were ringing all day yesterday and my muscles ached. For those of you that haven't heard of the Misfits you have probably heard of Metallica (unless you live under a rock)....The Misfits were the original band to sing "Die Die Die My Darling" and "Green Hell" that later became radio hits when Metallica covered them. He is a photo of the show (albeit from a poor camera phone). Cool to see them just before Halloween!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg misfits.jpg (34.3 KB, 273 views)
e-man67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 07:19 AM   #2
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Saw the Misfits this week!

I'll have to youtube them. I have heard of the band, but haven't heard their music.
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 10:32 AM   #3
Darrell

I am a HUGE Misfits fan. I even have a Crimson Ghost tattoo.

The Misfits came and played the club I worked at when I was moonlighting as a Bouncer. I was their security detail afterward. They are a great bunch of guys.

My only beef is Jerry's vocals are WAY too fast when playing live. He must have sang 5 songs in around 6 minutes.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:41 AM   #4
Pilon
Feelin' the Love

First Name: Travis
Trading: (49)
Bolivar
Pilon will become famous soon enough

Theyre coming to Providence Nov 1st, trying my best to make the show.
Pilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 10:48 AM   #5
e-man67
Big Drunkin Monkey!!

PL
e-man67 has a spectacular aura aboute-man67 has a spectacular aura aboute-man67 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell View Post
I am a HUGE Misfits fan. I even have a Crimson Ghost tattoo.

The Misfits came and played the club I worked at when I was moonlighting as a Bouncer. I was their security detail afterward. They are a great bunch of guys.

My only beef is Jerry's vocals are WAY too fast when playing live. He must have sang 5 songs in around 6 minutes.

Sweet! Jerry takes NO BRAKES...his freakin heart is gonna explode if he doesn't slow down! He was ultra-cool...he stood there and signed every item that someone handed to him...very cool.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:50 AM   #6
Darrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-man67 View Post
Sweet! Jerry takes NO BRAKES...his freakin heart is gonna explode if he doesn't slow down! He was ultra-cool...he stood there and signed every item that someone handed to him...very cool.
Yep. The Man is a class act and appreciates his fans. He stayed after for about 3 hrs signing and talking with people. He def. has not forgotten that the fans are everything in the music industry. Some other bands could learn a thing or two from him.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:02 AM   #7
tobii3

Quote:
Some other bands could learn a thing or two from him.
Trying to keep from LMAO here.

Anyone remember Jerry's Christian Heavy metal group??? Yeah....

The history of Misfits - ya know, they could make a film of it. They'd make MILLIONS!!!!
Old 10-29-2009, 11:02 AM   #8
e-man67
Big Drunkin Monkey!!

PL

Quote:
Yep. The Man is a class act and appreciates his fans. He stayed after for about 3 hrs signing and talking with people. He def. has not forgotten that the fans are everything in the music industry. Some other bands could learn a thing or two from him.
For sure...and while I like Danzig I don't he would have stuck around to sign anything...at least he didn't during the Lucifug tour. Have you ever seen the Cramps? They were great...the lead singer Lux Interior died this past year. Such an awesome show.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:03 AM   #9
Darrell

Danzig is a piece of ****. I drove up to Santa Cruz a couple years ago to see him. I stood outside waiting in the cold for 2 hrs for them to open the doors. He and the Manager of the venue got into it and he refused to play. Mother****er!
Old 10-29-2009, 11:06 AM   #10
e-man67
Big Drunkin Monkey!!

PL

Quote:
Danzig is a piece of ****. I drove up to Santa Cruz a couple years ago to see him. I stood outside waiting in the cold for 2 hrs for them to open the doors. He and the Manager of the venue got into it and he refused to play. Mother****er!
That is BS...he is full of himself for sure...he does have a great voice though.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:17 AM   #11
RightAJ
Here Franky Franky

First Name: aj
Trading: (3)
RA
RightAJ will become famous soon enough

Sounds awesome!!! They have some great stuff... my fav probably being "Last Caress"

Metallica is my favorite band and when I saw them play that at their concert this past year I went nuts!!! That was probably the best concert I have every been to. Great show. Gotta be on the lookout for the Misfits now!

aj
RightAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 02:21 PM   #12
wrench turner 85
I'm the Ocho Cinco!

Trading: (0)
Partagas
wrench turner 85 is on a distinguished road

sounds like a good time. But IMO no danzig no misfits.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:40 PM   #13
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

First Name: Chutney
Trading: (66)
RG
NCRadioMan has disabled reputation

What you saw was a bastardized version of the Misfits. Glenn was The Misfits. I like Jerry but they a cover band, imo.

I saw Danzig back in '93 and Glenn was super cool and stuck around signing stuff for hours. Just like any performer(actor, musician, athlete), depends on their mood as to whether they decide to stick around and shmooze with the fans.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:00 PM   #14
vankleekkw
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Kris
Trading: (3)
Bolivar
vankleekkw is on a distinguished road

Nice, I was trying to see them on Thursday the 23rd, but I couldn't make it based on Inventory at the plant. I'm glad that you were able to see them as I always wanted to make it.

I did see Danzig about 10 years ago and it was awesome.
vankleekkw is offline   Reply With Quote